Chapter 13

Evan's P.O.V.

They way Jonathan slept with his arms around me made my heart skip a beat. There is no way I can lie about not having feelings for him.

His hair was so messy it made me want to feel how soft it was. His parted lips made me want to kiss him for as long as I could. And those eyes, even though they're closed, I still want to stare into them.

He starts to groan and hugs me tighter. I had to remind him that I'm not going anywhere.

"Shh, Jonathan," I whisper, "I'm here. Get some sleep. I'll always be here for you."

He softens his hold and starts to smile in his sleep. I see tiny little dimples on his cheek. My heart starts to warm up now.

This specific person right now.. he makes me feel like I can do anything with him by my side. It makes me happy.

I soon fell asleep with him in my arms. A little later though, I hear knocking on my door and soon my mother came in.

"Evan?" She asks.

"Oh, hey mom," I whisper.

I slowly got up and gently put a pillow between Jonathan's arms. I didn't want to wake him. When I left the room for a second, my mom had a billion questions.

"Who's the boy?" She asks with seriousness in her voice.

"Remember that boy I was talking about? The one with rumors about them?"

She nods.

"Well, that boy is him. His name is Jonathan Dennis. And I don't what happened, but I saw him today at school with a black eye and bruised cheek. He passed out in my arms after crying so much. So, I thought he wasn't fit for school so I brought him here," I explain.

My mom said nothing but looked at me differently.

"Please don't be mad at me! I'm sorry I ditched school! I love you, Mommy!" I said.

She laughs then hugs me, "I'm not mad, I'm just happy you helped your boyfriend out."

"But he's not my-"

"Shh! Now he's staying for dinner, right?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I'll ask when he gets up."

"Good. Now get some rest. Your father will be home soon. And you have a lot of explaining to do once he gets home."

"I know."

"Okay, now go check on him."

"Got it."

As she leaves, I go back into my room and check on Jonathan. He sits up rubbing his eyes and yawns like a cute little kitten.

"W-Where were you?" He asks.

"Just outside with my mom."

"Oh."

I nod and just sit on the bed.

"So, are you staying for dinner?" I ask.

"Oh, uhh, I don't know. I don't want to intrude," he quietly says.

"Don't be silly, my mom doesn't mind."

He just nods and looks down.

"Jonathan? You okay?"

He shakes his head no.

"What's wrong?"

He just sighed and looked at me, "Evan... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain. It's just... I don't know what it's like to be like in a relationship. I've always just slept with guys and they only want me for sex. So, when you told me you had feelings for me. I freaked out. I wanted to get away from drama and relationships. That's why I danced with Ohm. That's why I was scared of why you asked me out. I just don't know what love is anymore."

I looked at him and was in thought. I didn't know that he's been through this.

I took his hand into mine and just caress it.

"Jonathan. I would be lying to you if I said I didn't have feelings for you. I actually still do. And all I'm hoping for is for you to give me one chance to prove that I can make you happy. So will you please give me the chance to show you how much you mean to me."

His face turns a bright red. It made me chuckle a little.

But what got me more excited, is him smiling and nodding a yes to me.