Chapter 8

Evan's P.O.V.

It's been a month since I've seen or talked to Jon.

One. Whole. Fuckin'. Month.

I've just always walked the other direction whenever I come close to him. I always ignore what my friends say about the soccer team.

Well, accept for today...

"Hey, Evan. Have you even talked to Jonathan or anything?" Tyler asks.

"Not since the party.. no. Why should I?"

"Apparently, he hasn't talked to Ohm since the party. And I guess he's doing awful during soccer practices."

"Okay? Why should I care? I'm over him."

"Yeah, sure you are."

"What?"

"You say you're trying to get over him. Sure. Yet, you still go to the games. You avoid him in the halls, you even reread the messages you guys used to text. You're not over him, dude," he explained.

I sighed, "Do you know how hard it is just to get over the one person you fell for? No. So, just leave me and my personal life alone."

Then I grabbed my stuff and left the table. How dare he try to say those stuff to me. I am over him...

...aren't I?

~Time Skip~

After school, I started to walk to my car. And of course, it started to rain. Great. As I got my keys from my pocket, I felt a weak tug on my sweater.

Turning around, Jonathan was there. Head down and him playing with hands.

"H-Hey.." he says quietly.

"Hey."

"Umm.. I don't know.. can you give me a ride home? The bus already left and I really have no one to take me home."

I got a better look at him. He seemed tired, depressed. He had bag under his eyes and looked paler than the last time I saw him. He even started to shiver because of the cold rain.

"Sure, but here," I took off my sweater and gave it to him, "it's cold, you could get sick. Just get in."

He nodded and put on the sweater. We both went into my car then drove off to his place. It was silent. An awkward silent. I tapped my finger on the wheel while he had his head on the head of the seat and looking out the window.

"So, how've you been?" He finally asks.

I shrugged, "Okay I guess. How about you?"

He just shrugs.

"I'm sorry," He quietly says.

"For what?"

"For the party. I shouldn't have done that. You asked me out and I just ditched you for Ohm. I don't know why I did that."

I just looked at the road. Did he really apologize?

"It's fine.. I don't care about that anymore."

We finally arrived at his house. He just looked at his house like he wasn't sure if he wanted in.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, oh here."

He was about to take off my jacket but I stopped him.

"Just keep it. I have plenty at home."

He nodded then got out. He ran inside and shut the door. Now time for me to go home.

And by that, I mean take the long way home.

I need to clear my mind. But the only thing that was on my mind was one thing.

'Was I really over him?'