Chapter 11

Play when I say I guess lol
Song: Roulette -System of a Down

Evan's P.O.V.

After dropping Jonathan off, my feelings started to go crazy. My head said no don't talk to him, but my heart was saying otherwise. I came home to my parents sitting on the couch watching a movie.

With me in deep thought, I went up to them and sat on the couch.

"Um, mom? Dad?" I say to catch their attention.

"Hi, baby. What's up?" My Mom greets.

"Can I, talk to you guys real quick?"

My dad gets up from his position and pauses the movie then he sits down next to my mom.

Play now.

"What is it, son?" He asks.

"Well," I take a deep breath, "let's say, this.. friend has feelings for someone. There's a lot of drama and rumors about this person though. Yet, this friend doesn't care about the rumors but cares for that special someone. His mind and heart are fighting. What should this friend do?"

My parents both look at each other. Probably confused of what I said. Then they both smiled.

"Well," my mom begins, "I say that this 'friend' should follow their heart. If they care about the person a lot then the rumors or drama shouldn't matter."

My dad nodded like he was agreeing. Yet, I was there astonished about what they said.

"Evan, whatever or whoever you love or at least like, we will love you no matter what," my dad says.

I blinked the tears away and hugged them both, "I love you guys so much."

"And we love you, Evan."

I smiled and started to make my way up the stairs. Maybe a call for this special someone should happen.

My phone say on my desk and I opened it to messages and Snapchat notifications. After a little while, I tried to call Jonathan.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

Four.

"We're sorry, the number you have called is not available at this time. Please leave a message after the tone."

That's kind of odd. He usually answers.

I looked at the time. '8:46'

Maybe, I'll just do some homework and go to bed. Maybe that'll help.

It didn't.

All night my mind was stuck on Jonathan and why he didn't answer.

Was he hurt?

Did he get in trouble?

Maybe, he fell asleep early?

I tried and tried to get my mind off of him but nothing helped. I needed to know why he didn't answer.

So the next day, I woke up and got ready quickly. I know Jonathan gets to school early for morning practices. So, I have to be there earlier than him.

Instead of getting breakfast, I grabbed a granola bar, school lunch and left without saying anything.

I know what I want.

I looked at the time. '7:15.'

Perfect. Right on the dot. As of that, I see a hooded figure with a light blue jacket and soccer bag. I knew it was him.

"Hey, Jonathan!" I shouted as I got out the car.

The hooded man looked over and started to run. He disappeared into the school but I knew where he goes.

Taking a shortcut, I ran right in front of him, causing him to bump me and making us both fall onto the ground. We groaned in pain but I quickly recovered and starred into those baby blue eyes.

"Jonathan, why'd you run from me?" I asked.

He stayed silent and got up.

"Jonathan, answer me."

He shook his head and tried to walk away.

"Jonathan!"

I pulled his arm near to me and went to take his hood off.

But what I saw was heartbreaking.

Jonathan had a black eye and bruised cheek. He looked so broken down and scared. When he started to tear up I pulled him in for a comforting hug that he needed.

"Shhh... it's okay. Evan's here," I whisper.

"Evan's always here."