5

Flash back
After the promise day Riza and Roy was sent to the hospital because of the injuries they've earned from it. They were in the same room guarded by Lt. Ross.

The new fuhrer Grumman visits his granddaughter while Roy was taking a walk outside.

"Sir.," Riza saluted at him.

"Oh dear you don't have to be so formal."

"But you're now our fuhrer Sir."

"But I'm still your grandfather, your only family living here."

"So you're here for personal matters. What do you want to talk about?"

"About your marriage."

"What?"

They didn't know that the Colonel was done with his business outside and about to enter the room. He stopped from his path to listen further with what their talking about while Lt. Ross was by his side.

"You're not getting any younger dear. I've been waiting for you to announce on my face that you're getting married with someone for so long. I let you decide whom to marry but I guess having a married life will never be part of your plans and it worries me allot."

"I'm old enough to choose whom I'll marry or if I'll marry someday or not."

"Remember Frank? Your childhood friend and the son of your father's best friend!? He's a bachelor till now and still waiting for you."

"Frank?"

"Yes, and I knew that he still cares for you. Don't you like him."

"Yeah I like him but you know that I want to help the colonel to fulfill his dreams of becoming a fuhrer."

"I can assure you that as long as I am the fuhrer he will be a fuhrer too cause he will be my successor."

A few moment of silence before Riza response to her grandfather's proposal.

"What about the colonel? I have to protect him!"

"He knows how to take care of himself. And besides, he has Havoc and the rest of his team. And you," he pointed his finger at her, "you're not getting any younger but you forget yourself. Stop wasting your time."

Roy turned around and walked away before Riza answered. Maria followed Mustang.

End of flashback.