Chapter 3

I woke up with the sun bursting through the white blinds.

"Mom..." Jamie stood in the doorway.

"Hi baby girl. Come here." she jumped up on my bed and laid next to me.

"Do I get to see dad today..?"

"Yeah, what time is it" I wiped the sleep from my eyes.

"Umm, 10:46am."

"Ok we're supposed to meet him at 11:30am so go get ready."

Jamie jumped off my bed and went to her room. I slowly made my way off the bed and into my closet. I slipped on my American eagle jean and a plain white t-shirt. I must admit for being 28 and having a child I looked pretty good. I walked into my bathroom and did my hair, as usual I just curled it. I put on a little mascara and made my way to the living room.

"Jamie, where are my keys?" I asked as I searched through the table by our door.

"Mom." I turned on my heels just in time to catch my keys.

"Oh thank god. What would I do without you Jamie!?" I glanced at the clock, it was 11:00 am exactly. "let's go, we're gonna be late."

We rushed to the car and hopped in. I put the key in the ignition and sped off to Jamie's fathers house. Jamie's father had moved to Iowa after she was born, but we couldn't fix our differences and split up. He never moved back to L.A. which was kind of convenient.

I pulled into his drive way and put my car in park.

"You ready?" I asked Jamie.

"The real questions is are you ready?" Jamie gave me a smirk.

I got out of the car and so did Jamie. I walked up to the door, Jamie trailing behind. I knocked my fist against the elegant wooden door.

The door slowly opened.

"Hello Alexis."

"Hi Jc..."