Chapter 4

"Jamie!" Jc shouted. Jamie ran and jumped into his arms.

"I don't get a hug?" he smirked.

"No, you don't." I chuckled.

"Please." he stuck out his bottom lip. I gave in and wrapped my arms around his neck. He tightened his arms around my torso. I tried to push him off but he was too strong. He finally let go and I backed away from him.

"It's like we're a family again..." Jc gushed

"Never again."

"Mom, can we go get some food?" I looked at Jc and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"First let me tell Lia." Jc ran back into the house.

"Who's Lia?" I asked when he returned.

"My girlfriend... I didn't tell you?"

"No you didn't..."

"I'm sorry, am I not allowed to date?"

"I never said that. I just asked a question, Jc."

"Can we go now?" Jamie pleaded. I turned on my heels and made my way to the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked Jamie.

"Taco bell!" she smiled.

"That's my girl." Jc turned and smiled at her. I put the keys in the ignition and the car started.

We arrived at Taco Bell. I got out of the car and went inside, Jamie close behind.

"Order whatever you want. Daddy's paying." I looked over at Jc.

"Yep I am... Now."

Jamie ordered her food and we sat down. Jc kept glancing at me, but I ignored it. It was silent.

Until Jc decided to speak.. "so how are you guys?"

"Fine." Jamie answered. "Mommy saw Aaron at the mall a few days ago!"

"Oh really..." Jc glanced at me.

"Yeah I did." I smiled. "It was great seeing him." I smirked. Jc just stared at me with annoyance. I ignored him once again and focused back on Jamie. she kept glancing back and forth between Jc and I. I finally looked back at Jc.

"Do you need something, or am I just nice to look at?"

"Why are you talking to Aaron again?"

"Why do you care?"

"Just answer my question..."

"I'm not. I ran into him at the mall is that a crime now?"

"No I'm just asking a question." he spoke in a mocking tone. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone.

"Jamie, we need to leave soon.."

"But we just got here!"

"You have softball."

"I can take her." Jc spoke.

"No, we need to leave, say goodbye to your dad Jamie."

Jamie hopped off her chair and hugged Jc. I grabbed Jamie and we walked to my car.

"Alexis, how am I getting home..." I got in the car and put on my seatbelt.

"Call your girlfriend."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm so sorry that it took me so long to write this chapter and it's not that good but I've been so freaking busy omfg

-A❤️