Chapter 2

**Alexis's POV**

'Did he just re-profess his love for me!?' I thought to myself.

"Aaron..." I could feel tears welling up because I felt the same way. He just looked up from his hands and stared into my eyes. "Umm I need to go." I stood up and made my way to find Jamie and her friend.

"Wait, Alexis... Can I get your number?"

"Of course." I smirked. I wrote down my number on a near napkin and handed it to him.

"I'll call you." He smiled and I made my way to find Jamie.

My heart was beating so fast it could've beat right out of my chest.

"Mom, why are you so red?" Jamie approached my side.

"Oh I don't know!"

"Did you know that guy?"

"Uh, yeah we were um... friends when I was younger." I gave Jamie a reassuring smile and started searching my purse for my car keys.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"When will I be able to see dad again?"

"I'm not sure, honey. We'll talk about it at home..."

••••••••••••

*Jamie's POV*

I never see my dad. He's either traveling or with my 'step mom'. I just want a day to spend with him. I guess that's too much to ask for...

"Jamie, Dinner!" My mom called. I jumped off my bed and sprinted to the kitchen. I sat in the chair and stared at the delicious plate of food in front of me.

"So I called your dad and he said he's available this Saturday." A smirk spread across my moms face.

"Really?! YAY!" I jumped up and ran to my room. "Wait!" I ran back in the kitchen and grabbed my plate of food.

••••••••••••

*Alexis's POV*

I wasn't very excited to go see Jamie's dad. We're not together for a reason... But I needed to do this for Jamie. Jamie loves her dad dearly and I hate seeing her upset. I brushed the thoughts away and changed into my pajamas a slipped into my empty bed and closed my eyes.