Chapter 5

Theo's POV

When we got to the pool, I couldn't stop staring at Shai, waiting to finally get to see her body. I knew she was beautiful already, but as she took off her sweater and shorts, I was overwhelmed. I pulled my shirt off and played some love songs from my phone. She was staring at the pool, away from me. She sat down on the ledge, and I joined her.

"This is really nice Theo, thank you."
"Oh, don't thank me. So hey, there was something I wanted to talk to you about it."
This was it. I'd already started, there was no going back.
"Shailene, the night we filmed the Ferris wheel scene, I knew there was something about you that I admired..." I saw pink rush to her cheeks, and I smiled a little. "And as we kept filming, I kept noticing other things I liked about you. And when I kissed you during that scene... I knew that there was something. That something was feelings for you. I like you Shai. I like you so much."
Silence. No words from her. I turned away, and stared towards the sound of the waves crashing, and I ran my fingers through my hair, biting my lip. Had I just made a huge mistake? Should I have just held it in?

Shai's POV

Theo had just said everything I couldn't say, but wanted to. But I had no idea what to say back, so much was going through my mind, and he looked away. Probably wishing he'd kept quiet. There was really only one thing I could do at this point. But I decided against it.

I settled myself into the water, and splashed at him. He followed and we played around for a few moments, and I swam under the waterfall, followed by Theo.

"Look, Shai, about what I said..."

I didn't want him to take it back, or get himself out of it. He said it and I was so happy. And now just felt like the right time.

I looked him dead in the eyes, then stared at his lips, and back to his eyes. My left hand easily rested on the back of his neck, and my right hand on his left side. Chills ran through me as he pushed my wet hair behind my ear, and placed his other hand on the small of my back. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips to his. They were warm and soft, and I could feel him smiling wider the longer we kissed. When we finally broke apart, I had to say something.

"I like you too, Theo." I said, and pressed my lips to his once more. We stayed there, just holding each other, for a while. So long I forgot about everything I even had going on. I just wanted to be in this moment right now, with him.