Chapter 14

Shai's POV

We'd been home for nearly a month now. Insurgent began filming in 6 weeks. The wedding would be in 4. The honeymoon... Would have to wait until filming ended.

I awoke to my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Shailene!" The voice sounded chirpy. Zoe.

"Hey Zoe, what's up?"

"When were you going to tell me?!?"

"What? About my engagement?"

"Yes! About EXACTLY that!"

"Umm I was gonna call miles and you in a few days... I have other news to tell Theo first."

"Like what... That you're pregnant?" There was a loud laugh on her end.

"Ha, no. But he got it in. If that accounts for anything." My face got hot. Theo was currently on his morning run, so couldn't know I was having this conversation. Then I heard the door open.

"Hey, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you in a bit."

"Bye Shai!" We hung up. I slipped on some sweats and walked into the kitchen room, where he sat, drinking from his water bottle.

"Good morning lovely." He smiled and I kissed his forehead.

"Good morning."

"I'm going to go get a shower, there's an omelet in the microwave, I thought you might be hungry." He headed to the bathroom while I ate. When he came back out, I decided it was time to tell him what I'd been holding back.

I put on a pair of jeans and a blue t shirt, and found Shai laying on the couch.

"Asleep?" I asked.

"No, just waiting for you. I need to tell you something." A million things ran through my head as I sat down on the ottoman, facing the love of my life. She took my hands, and stared in my eyes for a minute, then kissed my nose.

"So... Do you remember the night you proposed?"

"Of course baby, how could I forget?"

"Do you remember what happened when we got back to the hotel?"

"Oh of course. I definitely couldn't forget." He winked, then smiled.

"Do you remember what you DIDNT remember that night?"

I paused. I didn't remember a condom. Of course, that was it. Or did I remember it? Yeah. Yeah I did actually. So what DIDNT I remember?

"Uhh...?"

She stared at me. I stared back, and rubbed my thumbs across the back of her hands.

"Theo, I'm pregnant."

Nope. No I didn't. I didn't remember the condom.

"Really?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I bet it'll be the cutest thing ever. Because it's ours." She smiled, and our lips finally met for the first time that morning.

"I love you." She whispered as we kissed. We pulled back. "I love you too."

And I did. I really did.