Chapter 7

Theo's POV

I had just finished putting on my white swim trunks with the mint and aqua lines on them. A unique pattern, I thought Shai might like it. I slipped on an aqua v-neck and my black converse. A few minutes later, Shai knocked on the door. Today she wore a strapless swimsuit that was an aqua color... We matched. It was fringe as well. She wore a white tank over it, partially see through. We grabbed our beach bags and headed down.

"Are they meeting us for lunch?"

"Yep, 12:30 sharp." She smiled. "Did you grab a volleyball?"

"I did. We can play three on three." I smiled and laced my fingers with her. She looked at me, and gave a wide smile. I giggled. And so did she.

Shai's POV

We arrived at the beach and he'd rented us some chairs. There were six, so our friends would have some later.

We laid hot for a bit, until my alarm went off at 12:15, saying to head to the restaurant. So we did.

"Hey guys!" Zoe yelled from a table where her and Jai sat. We hurried over to them.

"Miles and Ansel are on their way." Jai said. I sat down across from Zoe, and Theo across from Jai. Miles and Ansel soon arrived, we ordered and then we talked.

"So, let's just kill the elephant in the room here... What's up with you two?" Miles asked, smiling. Theo looked at me and I looked at him.

"We're just friends..." I said, trying to be nonchalant. I smiled a bit too much.

"Okay... Shai. Don't bullshit me. I think we all know you two have been more than friends since day 2." Miles said.

"Day 2?" Ansel questioned.

"Sounded more unique than day 1. So... Tell me. Come on guys."

"Okay, fine. We're more than friends." I let out. I saw Theo smile a little. Then the food came.

After our delicious meal, we all headed back down to our spot. A few yards down, I saw two people. And I needed to know who they were.

"Zoe! Come here..." I hollered.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Walk with me... You're friends with jennifer lawrence aren't you?"

"I love her!"

"Is that her over there? With... Josh?"

"It is! Let's go!" She grabbed my hand and we were in a sprint to say hi.

"Zoe, Zoe Kravitz is that you?!?" Jen jumped from her seat and her and Zoe embraced. Josh perked up.

"Hey Shailene!" He hollered at me. I waved.

"Why don't you two come okay volleyball with us? Jen, you can be on mine, Ansel, and Jai's team. Josh, you can be with Shai, Theo, and Miles." They agreed and we all hurried back to begin the game.