thirty-six

his touch was so light but tight at the same time. it felt like a cloud trying to hug you. he took my hand and starting to tug me along.

"but where's annabeth," i softly speak.

"she went to go see her mom. she organised this whole thing," he replies.

did annabeth really do this for me? do i even deserve to be seeing ethan in a real spectrum of life? i'm not even sure, but for right now i'm going to be happy. that's all i want and all i need.

his arm tugged me along the walls of art.

"what do you think about this one blue?"

woah. that feels weird hearing it in person. thought i'd never hear it in person.

"i think this ones about fear. about the fear of not being successful, or happy or loved. the artist must've gone through times of fear which he hasn't overcome yet," i ramble.

-

i look at her. not sexualised. not in a creepy way. but just plainly looked at her. i noticed all the little things that i never would see on the internet or over video. she has dimples on the right of her smile, how when she was nervous she'd bite her lip, how when she was relaxed she would stand with her feet pointed inwards slightly.

my life has taken a wild turn.

-

"should we get out of here?" ethan questions.

i nod.

"annabeth left us her car, think her mom picked her up, you know any spots here?" he continues.

"you bet i do," i laugh.

-

the sun was slowly setting. the shades of pink and oranges are transitioning the sky into darkness. this couldn't get more perfect.

i drive to directions in which way to go for my "secret" place. it's not really secret it's just that it's a nice getaway when ever my sadness kicks in apart from sandy's. i love the tranquility of this place. you just stare into the sky and feel small in a world that's so huge. sometimes too massive to comprehend which is overwhelming if you overthink it.

ethan slides on the hood of anna's car and just admires. i turn to face him and smile into my chest. i walk towards the edge of the cliff and just look. i take in the view and stand there in complete awe.

it's so serene.
-

she's probably thinking how beautiful the view is when the only thing i'm looking at is her and how beautiful she is.

she is the view and it's thrilling.

i saw her for the first time today and sparks blew up inside of me. like colours bursting into the sky of a sunrise and i knew i had to do something about it. nothing felt wrong.

"hey," i say....