forty-nine

i brush off the dust from the board games and i notice ethan catch my eye, he just smiles at me. i blow against the cardboard to eventually see the names of the games.

"tea?" his voice is still husky from this morning.

"sure," i reply back.

he returns with two cups of tea. the steam dissipating into the cool air.

we sit opposite to each other on the floor between a coffee table.

"which one first?" he asks.

"i don't mind," i smile.

"did i ever tell you that you have one of the most beautiful smiles in the world," i blush.

"one? meaning there's others?" i giggle.

"well, i- um- i- grayson has a beautiful smile," he jokes.

we both laugh, i feel as if we're becoming comfortable with one another. it's relieving.

the day goes on with endless cups of freshly brewed tea, with laughs and sighs.

"hey! i totally won that one!" i whine.

"nuhuh," ethan swipes his hand, mimicking the sass from me earlier.

"you cheated! you totally cheated! i don't know how but you totally cheated!" i continue to disagree with this outrageous loss.

"maybe i did, maybe i didn't," he smirks, pulling out a card from underneath his leg.

"i knew it!" i yell. i grab a cushion from behind me from the couch and stand up to attempt to fight against him.

he grabs a cushion too and we begin having a brawl in the middle of the living room, obviously it's all tame fighting.

ethan's strategy of fighting back ends up with him curled in a ball on the sofa hiding behind a fort of cushions.

"you can't fight me anymore! i'm so safe in here!" he's so adorable.

he suddenly bursts out of this fort and grabs me. he pulls me in tight and i'm out of breath. woah okay ethan. smooth.

"would this be the perfect armistice?" he whispers. he gently caresses my neck and our lips meet with such compassion it's inevitable to deny it.

we lay there for a minute. now this is serenity.