forty-one

i roll the windows down, the scent of blossomed flowers and river streams are so engaging.

i park up and ethan takes my hand into the deep forest green world that engulfs me.

"are you okay? blue what's been going on with you, you seem so out of it," he whispers, swaying our hands in the rhythm of the trees.

"i'm just sleepy, sorry i cant seem to focus at all today."

"well that's lucky we're in your favourite place then?" he questions.

"yeah i guess so."

-

i'm so excited about the world around us. for once i feel more free and ethan's company is a release. he picks up his camera, aims it at me and shoots.

"wow so natural i love it blue."

"your sarcasm is screaming!" i exclaim.

"let's try it again then," ethan's eager to photograph something decent.

he's basically urging for a good shot so i give him what he wants. a good shot of sorts.

i crouch to the dry earth and rummage through leaves. a lady bug appears. i plant it on my nose and smile naturally, completely distant from what ethan's doing. i was intentionally searching for something out of the ordinary to capture his attention but it just did it on its own.

"beautiful," he whispers.

he wraps the camera lanyard around his neck, his broad neck. he wraps his arms around my small waist and nestles into the crook of my neck.

"you're so beautiful and you don't even know it," he continues to whisper. sending shivers down the base of my spine.

"i'm not," i whisper back.

ethan lifts me up by my waist and spins me around, caressing my inner hips, tickling me and not letting me free.

"le-t me d-ow-n!" i laugh.

"not until you admit you're beautiful, talented, gorgeous, breathtaking, stunning," he goes on.

"no! i'll ca-ll yo-u lov-er bo-y again!" i gasp for air.

he lets me down immediately.

"you wouldn't," he looks directly into my eyes.

"oh. but i would," i stand my ground.

he lifts up the camera and quickly takes another shot.
he glances at it and laughs.

"you look so serious, oh my god."

-

we find a pretty, serene stream that flows so effortlessly. it's clear and you can practically see the bottom, there wasn't any fish or marine life obvious. it's so beautiful to see nature taking its course and watching how it interacts with one another.

"hey there creature," ethan surprises me with a gentle kiss on my neck. again sending nerves down my spine.

"eth-an don't do that you know-"

"know it does what-" he continues to caress my neck with his lips.

i walk away and slowly turn.

"maybe you'll get some later but for now, i'm going to explore this stream. lover boy," i tease.

"you're such a tease, i love it," he winks.

"how about loser boy then?"

he pouts.