forty-two

"what's brown and sticky?" ethan giggles.

"come on blue, you know the answer," he continues.

i turn around and laugh.

"i'm not giving you the satisfaction."

ethan's in the background taking scenery photos and capturing me in the midst of it.

"why don't you model? honestly you're so gorgeous i don't think i can get over you."

i keep walking, i'm blushing to myself. i didn't deserve him, he's so cute and loving i just wasn't enough for him to keep complimenting me.

nature is so pretty at twilight, when the sun is pure golden and all the leaves from the trees create geometric shadows and the water begins to glimmer against the purity of the sky.

"larissa, come here," he softly speaks.

i turn around and see ethan with his hand out towards me. 

i take his hand and begin to sway against the breeze. we just take in the views and each other's company.

he never calls me larissa but when he does it's so refreshing. although i prefer blue, i'm just so used to being called blue.

ethan decides to play some relaxing music, i think he realises i'm tense, since i'm grabbing onto his hand so tight.

"i've got you, i hope you know that. whatever it is i've got you."

"thank you baby."

he smiles to himself, he's such a sucker for cute pet names like that. i'm beginning to lighten up a little bit. the sun is setting and ethan proposes i model for him. i obviously decline because of my crippling insecurities and anxiety for posing just for ethan although it does seem fun.

"you don't have to if you don't want to, i just thought it would be nice to have a better quality photo for my lockscreen that's all," he mentions.

"okay 1, i hate you my photos are so hd! 2, i'm not lockscreen worthy and 3, fine i'll do it because it's just you, i don't see the harm in just us two."

i begin to explore my poses, i'm really not cut out for this modelling job. i just hear the clicks of the camera taking its shots. in the corner of my eye i catch ethan's jacket on the ground next to my bag, i slouch and place it over my shoulders. not a perfect fit but it matches the aesthetic vibes of the forest.

i position myself into the shadows of the trees and half in the sun, forming a shadow over my face. i keep a natural expression and face ethan. it's actually quite enjoyable when you start to find all the creative sides to photography.

next i find a tree that's lowered than its other companions. i climb and sit inside it's sprouting of branches. i lean against the main trunk and hold my head back. i still have the jacket on me and i lift it to cover my mouth, keeping the glare situated on the camera.

"the forest isn't the view larissa, you most definitely are."

i jump down into ethans arms and we laugh, maybe i am happy with him.