#clash no. 006

...and, really, hate is just another kind of caring.

Blakney Francis, Someone I Used To Know

"This looks good." Akashi says, pointing at the half-dried wound on my wrist.

"So do you."

I stand next to him as he leans his back against the wall and casually dribbles the basketball.

"You seem to be in a surprisingly good mood today." I say.

"And... 100. You lose." he replies as he easily catches the orange ball with his finger in midair and spins it dramatically.

"Fuck you," I curse under my breath. I never should have agreed on a dribbling bet with him. But it's hard to say no to Akashi Seijuro.

"Now, what did you do to her?" he stands up straight, faces me and asks.

"Nothing."

"The truth, Enya."

"She's okay." I snap. "That's what you wanna know, don't you? She's fine. Just not here. Not for a while. A long while." I mutter the last part.

"Did you really have to do this?" he asks, almost as if he cares.

"Yes." I hiss. "She likes you. She wants you. She wants you, Akashi-sama. Why don't you get it?"

"That's not how it works." he says he begins to walk away, towards the empty indoor basketball court. "It's not what you think it is, Enya."

"Do you hate me?" I whisper. "For what I did. Do you abhor me?"

"No," he says, looking at me blankly. "Nor do you want me to. And I hope you'll realize that soon."