#clash no. 008

There's a thin line between love and hate. Maybe you're confusing your emotions.

Simone Elkeles, Perfect Chemistry

"It's been a while," I say as I place the white rose on the tombstone.

"Yes. It has," Akashi mutters.

We are standing side by side in front of his mother's tombstone. I feel nostalgia and a slight deja vu. And I know he does too.

"Why did you bother coming?" Akashi asks, his voice acrid. "Did she force you to?"

"Maman? No!" I exclaim before adding with a sigh."I wanted to,"

And I mean it. The same way I meant what I did to him today. But I'm not sure if he believes me.

"You said nothing about today though," I say abruptly.

As the evening air sweeps my dark hair across my face and Akashi's smooth red hair over his forehead, we lock our eyes for the first time after that incident.

"Did she ask you to do that?"

"Stop bringing her in between us, Akashi-sama." I say through gritted teeth.

"How can I not? She's your mother, after all."

"Yeah, right. As good as your dead one."

Akashi glares at me before saying, "Well, you shouldn't have,"

"Shouldn't have what?"

I know what. I know what's coming. I know what he's gonna say.

But I can't help but wait to hear him say it again.

"You shouldn't have done the things you've done, Enya." He inhales deeply. "I cannot help but hate you. So much!"

I know, Akashi Seijuro, that you do.

"Leave." he orders. I nod while slowly stepping backwards.

And I also know that there's a thin line between love and hatred.