#clash no. i

I can count the places I've gone to during my 18 years of living in this world.

The very first place I had gone to aside from school was the eco-park in my neighbourhood. I could go there after completing the tasks maman had given me for the day. It didn't matter if it was early in the morning or in the middle of the night, the moment I was done, maman would take me there.

The next place was the sea. Maman took me there after killing Enzo, my first pet, a parrot. Dad didn't come with us that time as he was too upset with my actions. I was seven then. The next time I went to the sea was when I killed my dog, two years after killing Enzo. It didn't upset me as much as killing the bird, perhaps because I was growing up. Dad accompanied us that time because he didn't know about it and assumed the dog had run away.

Couple months after that, I went to my grandmother's funeral. She was the only relative I knew from my father's side. Maman never had any contacts with her relatives, and her parents passed away when she was in school.

The cemetery was the farthest I had gone from home, though I didn't know I would be going farther later on. Nor could I imagine that the next time I'd be here would be to bury my dad.

Among all the places I've been to, there's just one place I regret going. It's the place where I had the most beautiful moments of my life. The place that taught me what maternal love feels like and how a heartfelt smile could actually make worries vanish. It was the most vibrant place I've ever been to, the most peaceful place I have ever seen. It was a place that, despite my colorlessness, made me the happiest I ever was.

It was the Akashi mansion in Kyoto.

-
Hey there! Hope you're doing well.

As an apology for the long hiatus, here's a good news.  I've almost finished writing Clichè. There are just 10 to 12 more chapters to go. So I'll be updating new chapter every once or twice a week till this finally ends.

So stay tuned if you're curious to know how Clichè is going to end. If you have any theories, lemme know 😃

Also, don't forget to vote, comment and save this book to your library.

And lastly,

Thank you so much for reading. It's a miracle if anyone's reading this after the long hiatus this book has gone through, but genuinely, thank you ❤