Character: Gideon Corduroy

One of the two sole members of the Family Disappointment Squad™, Gideon Corduroy (Falling Star) is the middle child of the Corduroy family and Mabel's best friend

One of the two sole members of the Family Disappointment Squad™, Gideon Corduroy (Falling Star) is the middle child of the Corduroy family and Mabel's best friend. Because of his small physical stature, timidness, and brains-over-brawn outlook, he's always felt like an outlook in his very much physical and strong family. His older sister, Wendy, was one of the few people who he was close to, but after her sudden (and questionable) death, Mabel was his one and only means for emotional support.

When Mabel is ushered away out of the public spotlight and behind the locked gates of the Northwest estate, Gideon is left completely alone and practically invisible. What's worse, it seems as if he's the only one left in Gravity Falls outside of the Northwest family who even remembers that Mabel even existed in the first place. Gideon desperately wants to save his best friend from her horrible family, but with no resources, allies, or voice, what can he do?

When Pacifica Pines moves into town with a vendetta against the Northwest family and an almost immediate intense rivalry against Dipper, Gideon feels like he's finally found a way to help Mabel. Using his invisibility to his advantage to his advantage, he begins leaving the new girl anonymous notes with assorted information that he's heard when no one realized that he was there listening, along with some tips and clues about a secret member of the Northwest family...