Character: Pacifica Pines

The granddaughter of Stanford and Stanley Northwest's former partner, Pacifica Pines (Pine Tree) is a headstrong young woman with a nose for the truth

The granddaughter of Stanford and Stanley Northwest's former partner, Pacifica Pines (Pine Tree) is a headstrong young woman with a nose for the truth. She takes a lot after her father, a journalist, and has always had a craving for the answers for unsolved mysteries, especially the one surrounding her grandmother, Pippa.

When Pacifica and her parents move to Gravity Falls and into Pippa's old house, she discovers her grandmother's old diary in the attic. Upon reading it, she realizes that what her father has been musing over for years is true- contrary to popular belief, Pippa Pines did not murder Stanley Northwest.

Set, bound, and determined, Pacifica sets off on her mission to uncover the truth of what happened the night of Stanley Northwest's murder and Pippa Pines's disappearance. Exposing the Northwest family for the manipulating liars they are would be a huge bonus, too. Throughout the school year, Pacifica attempts to discover some sort of magic that should be within her, just like all of the other women in her family before her, but she realizes that she was just born magicless. She ends up collecting various enchanted jewelry and other magic trinkets to make up for her lack of power.

Upon starting high school, Pacifica joins the newspaper team, which had only consisted of Candy and Grenda before she came along. Their friendship teaches Pacifica to be less bossy and controlling and more willing to listen and depend on others. Meanwhile, her relationship with that self-entitled brat, Dipper, further convinces her that all Northwests are horrible people (at first). In addition to their academic rivalry, Dipper opposes Pacifica at every turn during her search for answers surrounding his family, all the while insisting that magic and the supernatural doesn't exist. He is wrong. Oh so very wrong.