Chapter 4: Desperation.

The guild was in complete chaos. Not only was Lucy unconscious, but two s-class wizards managed to be taken down. Some were shocked, others horrified, and others like Laxus, were livid.

"Gajeel!" Levy ran to him and tried to lift him from the ground, but he was too heavy for him to carry on her own. She looked back at Jet & Droy, who were standing a bit away from her with stunned looks, tears were streaming down from her face.

"Don't just stand there you guys...help me!" this shocked Jet & Droy back to reality and they rushed to Levy's side, placing each of Gajeel's arms on their shoulders, lifting him up and lying him down on a nearby table. Mirajane rushed from behind the bar and picked up Erza, placing her next to Gajeel. Carla followed the two, trying to keep the tears from coming out further.

Wendy began to move towards Lucy, but she was cut off by Laxus. He moved passed her and picked up the fallen Celestial wizard, placing her next to Wendy. He looked at the three and clenched his fist in rage, lightning beginning to spark from it.

"Who the hell did this?!" He yelled in anger.

Wendy moved to the table where her 3 friends lay. She thought of Natsu & where he could be...but she knew she had to secure these 3's safety first.

Gray & the others came into the guild hall shortly after, smiling and talking of their recently completed job. That all stopped as soon as they saw the crowd around the table.

Gray forced his way to the front of the gathering, "Hey guys what's going on, what hap..." he was made speechless when he reached the front. Seeing his friend's motionless bodies. Juvia & the others soon joined him, they too were shocked speechless by what they were seeing.

Elfman spoke first, trying to contain the anger budding within himself "What the hell happened to them?"

Lisanna stood next to her brother, holding his arm tightly. Juvia stood next to Gray, her eyes never leaving Gajeel, her only friend in Phantom Lord was barely hanging to life. She covered her mouth and began to sob.

Scattered chatter could be heard throughout Fairy Tail, all of it speculation as to what happened to three of the strongest guild members.

"You think it was a Dark Guild?"

"Had to be, but who could be strong enough to take out these guys?"

"They look bad."

"Wait weren't there 5 of them? Where are Happy and Nat..."

Suddenly a loud slam came from the guild entrance. Everyone turned around to see what happened, thinking their new enemies had found them. What they all saw instead was Wendy. She heading towards the guild doors, a hole in the table she was standing next to. Mira frantically ran after her.

"Wendy where are you going?" Mira grabbed Wendy's arm in an attempt to stop her, but Wendy fiercely pulled away.

"I have to find them Mira. Happy & Natsu are still out there, I have to bring them back."

Mira protested, "But you have no idea where they are, and with Lucy & the others unconscious we have no idea what happened to them."

"She's right Wendy." Gray walked towards her "You have to calm down, we all want to find them and kick the ass of who did this." Wendy turned around to look at Gray and she could see the anger on his face. "but we can't rush off without a plan. We might end up like them." he turned her attention once again to their downed comrades. She knew Gray was right about making a plan, but she couldn't stand by and do nothing.

She turned back around and continued walking to the door. Mira & Gray called after her, but she no longer heard their words. However, a voice was able to stop her advance.

"Stop right there Wendy, you're not going anywhere." She turned around to see Master Makarov had come from upstairs.

"But, Master..."

"No buts Wendy. I know you want to rescue them, but we have no idea what even happened to them. If you go now, you may make things worse. You know that."

She clenched her fist in anger but in the end she knew he was right. She loosed her fist, and looked down and shook with desperation and rage.

Natsu...

Everyone looked sadly at Wendy they all felt the same way she did; but nothing could be done until Gajeel & the others awoke. Just then a faint voice was heard from outside.

"W...Wendy." it called weakly

Wendy immediately looked up turning her attention to the door and saw something flying to her. As it came into view she saw that it was...

"HAPPY!" She ran outside in a hurry, catching the blue cat as he fell out of the sky and into her arms. She brought him to the table where the others were, they grew even more concerned.

"Happy?" Mira managed to barely say his name as she covered her mouth in disbelief.

Happy started to stir and reached out his tiny hand to Wendy. "Wen...dy. You...have to find him....help him. Natsu is..."

"Happy? What do you mean? Where is Natsu?!" She tried to get answers but it was useless, Happy had already fallen back into unconsciousness and with him Natsu's whereabouts. She looked at her friend and handed him to Lisanna. She then walked to the back of the guild hall, her fists clenched in a quiet rage.

Levy and the others watched her walk away. Levy could see the concern that worry had overtaken Wendy's body it wasn't like her to be so shaken, but Levy herself felt the same way about Gajeel so she was in no position to question Wendy's feelings.

Wendy reached the back of the hall and punched the wall hard, almost taking the entire wall down and causing everyone to look in her direction.

"DAMMIT!"

She then slid down to her knees in desperation.

Natsu, where are you?

...