Chapter 9: The Train Ride.

The group arrived at the train station and boarded. As the train began moving Lucy and Erza noticed Natsu, who sat opposite them, was lying on Wendy's lap. The pair then looked over to Gray, who was sitting on the seat on other side of the aisle next to Juvia, but opposite of Levy and Gajeel. Lucy leaned to over towards Gray.

"Natsu is sleeping on Wendy's lap." she whispered with a smile "That's so cute.". Gray looked at the pair in question, then turned to Lucy apathetically.

"No he's not take a closer look." He said pointing at Natsu.

Lucy looked back at her pink haired friend and saw that his eyes were completely white, devoid of pupils. She then nervously looked up at Wendy whose hand was lying on Natsu's face. She was looking out of the window until she noticed Lucy staring at her. She turned to face the blonde, who was looking at her with slight fear in her eyes. "Something wrong Lucy?" she asked slightly concerned. Lucy then backed to her seat and waved her hands as she shook her head left and right.

"No, no. It's nothing." She laughed nervously to herself and looked back at Gray. "What happened to him?"

"You must have missed it when you went to the bathroom. As soon as we boarded the train Wendy knocked him out. She said it was so Natsu wouldn't have to deal with his motion sickness."

Lucy laughed nervously, "Oh...that's...considerate of her." She then sat back in her seat and looked at Erza who was also looking out of the window.

Lucy placed her hand on the older girl's shoulder, as she turned around. They smiled at one another and began talking.

"You still nervous?" Lucy asked her

"Yeah...I haven't been a job in a long time before, it's kind of overwhelming, since I been helping jell- I. M-mean Crime Sorciere." She looked down at Lucy who was resting on her lap and shifted her eyes to her feet, nervously rocking them back and forth as she sat in her seat.

Lucy reassured her, "It's ok to be nervous. I was on my first big mission too."

"I just hope I don't get in the way."

"Don't worry about that you're a Fairy Tail wizard." Lucy then showed Erza the back of her left hand where her guild mark was and clenched her fist tight. "We're the strongest guild in Fiore, and we don't give up, plus your S-class like Laxus, Mira, Guildarts." She said smiling wide.

Erza looked up at Lucy in amazement and looked at her own mark on her shoulder, she then smiled at Lucy and nodded. "You're right thanks Lucy."

"Don't worry about it."

Erza then looked over to Natsu, whose head was still lying in Wendy's lap. She then looked at Lucy and with a confused look on her face asked: "Is Natsu sleeping?"

A panicked look washed over Lucy's face. She nervously looked at Erza and nodded. "Ye...Yeah Natsu's just taking a nap. Heh heh." She continued to laugh nervously as Erza looked at her quizzically, she then returned to looking out of the window, Lucy sighing in relief.

On the other side of the train, Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, and Levy were sitting across from one another in uncomfortable silence. Juvia's face was blood red from embarrassment. Her heart pounded in her chest with incredible speed.

Gray asked me to come on this mission with him. What does this mean? Does he want me to...?

She began to move closer to him without realizing it. Before she knew it, Juvia's chest was lying on Gray's arm, her heart racing even faster. Noticing the added weight on Gray looked down at Juvia. "You need something?" he asked slightly irritated. Juvia instantly noticed what was going on and her face grew red again, and she violently shook her head back and forth.