Chapter 16: Lumina.

After about 2 more days of walking through the forest, the Fairy Tail wizards finally found themselves in the city of Lumina. Each one stood in awe of what they saw as they entered the huge town. The town was at least twice the size of Magnolia, and that went for the population density as well. There were magic shops and restaurants as far as the eye could see. In the middle of town ran the sparkling Luminous River, which separated the northern and southern halves of the city. Just east of town square stood the famous Lumina Casino; where thousands of tourists would try their luck in the various games and watch shows. The streets were filled with people. Some were tourists, others were residents going on with their day to day operations, buying, selling, conversing...but something felt off.

Erza was the first to notice the disturbance. "Do you notice what is going on?" she asked the group.

Lucy looked around confused, "What do you mean Erza? I don't see anything."

"Yeah I feel it too." Gray said replying to Erza, completely ignoring Lucy's question. "This place looks way too relaxed for a town that's supposedly swarming with Dark wizards."

"What do you guys think is going on?" Levy asked looking at the others for some sort of definite answer.

Erza continued to gaze at the people in town, "I can't say for sure, but we should make our way to the Mayor's office to get a better grasp on the situation." She stood in front of the group and began breaking down the mission plan.

"Lucy, Levy, Wendy, Happy, & Gray," she pointed at the five she named out "You five will come with me, we're going to the mayor's office." She then turned her gaze to the others, "The rest of you find the Broken Sky inn, we will be staying there while we're in Lumina. There should be enough jewel in my bag to find rooms for all of us. We'll be back soon."

"Right." Natsu answered with a smile.

"Feh...fine." Gajeel replied slightly annoyed.

"O...ok." Juvia answered with a hint of disappointment in her voice. Why did she have to take Gray with her? It's not fair.

Erza's group began walking towards the bridge over the river, since the Mayor's office was located on the south side of Lumina. Her group was soon out of eyesight, getting lost in the shuffle of the crowd, leaving Natsu's group behind with all of the bags.

Natsu stretched and turned towards his group. He smiled wide, "Alright guys, let's get goin." He pulled Erza's luggage mountain while Gajeel grabbed his, Wendy, and Levy's bags, Carla walking next to them. Gajeel looked back at Juvia who still had a gloomy look on her face.

"Hey Juvia!" He yelled snapping her back to her senses. "Come on, we're going."

"Right, I'm sorry." She bent over to pick up Lucy's bag and froze when she went to pick the next bag...it was Gray's.

This is...this is Gray's bag. She sniffed the air above it. It smells like him. A loving look washed over her face. Oh my darling Gray, I feel like you are still with me now. She giggled to herself as she hugged the bag.

"Juvia!" Gajeel yelled as he, Natsu, and Carla began walking off. "Hurry up or we're gonna leave ya behind!"

Her face grew red from embarrassment, "Sorry. Coming!" she yelled back. She grabbed Gray's bag and ran towards her friends. She was closing in them until she bumped into a tall man walking in her path.

They both fell to the ground with a thud.

"Ow." Juvia groaned as she rubbed her aching head. Quickly noticing the man she ran into on the ground in front of her, she quickly rose from the ground and bowed apologetically.