Chapter 20: The Battle for Lumina.

As the sun shined high and the sky, Natsu looked at the group; all of them smirking confidently. They all knew their mission and they all knew which routes they were taking. They knew that they weren't just doing this for Wendy, but for all of Lumina as well. They all nodded at each other one last time before splitting up.

...

Gray & Juvia made their way east towards the park where their site was. They made it to their only to realize that no one was guarding it. Juvia moved to destroy the site but Gray held his arm out in front of her path, stopping her. A hostile look on his face.

"What's wrong Gray?" she asked concerned

"You don't hear that? There's something moving around under us."

Juvia closed her eye and focused, Gray was right; there was something moving underneath the ground. She tried concentrating more in order to make sense of it, but suddenly wrapped his arm around her waist and jumped into the air. The sudden movement startled Juvia, making her blush as she thought of Gray holding her close. However she quickly snapped out of it when she realized why Gray had grabbed her.

BOOM!

Juvia's eyes opened in shock as she saw the ground that they were previously standing on crumbling beneath them. Gray landed on the ground, a few feet away from them as he gently placed Juvia back on her feet. "Are you alright?" he asked looking into her eyes.

Juvia blushed and nodded embarrassingly, "Yes...Yes, I'm fine." She then shifted her focus to the hole in front of them. "What happened?"

"I don't know, it must have been caused by whatever was underground earlier."

As the dust from the rubble settled, Gray could see a figure standing on the other side of the hole. "Who are you?!" Gray yelled, "Are you part of Night Shade?"

The dust fully settled as the figure came into view, Gray could see that it was one of the guys that was following Romero from before. But his tuxedo was replaced by what looked like a plain white shirt, and dark blue pants. He wasn't wearing shoes, and as her turned around Gray & Juvia saw that he wasn't wearing his shades either. He opened his eyes and cocked his head to left and he smirked maliciously at the pair. His eyes were pitch black with red peoples, by all accounts he looked like a demon, but Gray & Juvia didn't waiver.

"Yes, I am. My brother & I are Boss Romero's right hand men. My name is Jordia." He bowed to the two, "It will be an honor to kill you...Fairy Tail wizards." He began to laugh manically, which sent a chill down Juvia's spine. She began to move behind Gray.

"Don't worry about this clown." Gray reassured her as he smirked. "We're Fairy Tail wizards, it'll take more than this guy's empty threats to scare us. Besides..." He looked her in the eye, "With our magic combined no one can beat us." Juvia eyes grew wide in amazement at Gray's words, and she nodded regaining her confidence. She moved from his back to standing at his side. "I'm ready." She declared proudly. Gray smiled at her, he could sense her resolve, he then his attention towards his enemy.

"Let's go!" He and Juvia rushed their opponent as the battle to destroy their site began.

...

Gajeel & Levy had arrived at their site, it was located in an alleyway across from the mouth of the river. The two found themselves surrounded by about 30 Night Shade wizards, each of them ready for a fight. Gajeel simply smirked and rushed them.

"Gajeel wait!" Levy yelled from behind, but Gajeel was too caught up in the battle to hear her. In a matter of minutes all of their enemies were incapacitated. Gajeel looked around with a dissatisfied look on his face, "Man, you guys were weak. I though you would put up a better fight than this."