Chapter 8: The Job.

POW!

The hard sound echoed throughout the guild hall and everyone began roaring with laughter.

All of the laughter was aimed towards Natsu who was slowly lifting his head from his table slowly, rubbing it as it throbbed in agony. He looked up at Wendy, his eyes misty from the pain.

"Owww! What was that for Wendy?" he whined.

"Urasui, You're too messy when you eat. Look at what you did to the table." she pointed at said table where their team was sitting.

Chunks of food were strewn across it, most of it on Gray, Erza and Lucy, who sat opposite of Natsu and Wendy. He looked at his friends confused as he put another piece of meat in his mouth.

"Mwhat happemmd to yu guys?" He asked, the food muffling his speech.

"You happened, flame brain." Gray said irritably as he wiped the chunks of food off of himself.

"Natsu, stop this at once. This foolishness behavior is not tolerable in this table." Erza commanded throwing away chunks

"Geez Natsu, why do you always have to go so overboard?" Lucy added also wiping away food.

Natsu smiled at his friends as he continued eating. "Heh heh sorry."

Wendy smiled at Natsu softly and continued eating her food.

It was a usual day at Fairy Tail. Nothing particularly exciting was happening, but as always it was never dull. It had been a week since Natsu had been rescued by Wendy and the others, and he was eager to get back to work. Wendy stayed with him the whole time he was recovering and she felt that they had gotten closer, especially since they made their talk on the balcony. Things were finally back to normal and everyone was thankful for that.

Natsu walked to the job board to find something for his first official day back, as usual Nab was idling in front of the board.

"Geez Nab do you ever work?" Natsu said with a joking smile as he browsed the board.

"Aw come on Natsu." Nab whined.

"Pick a job Nab." Erza said not looking as she sipped her tea.

"Yes ma'am." Nab answered sulking. "Thanks a lot Natsu."

"Sorry." Natsu chuckled.

He continued to look through the job board. "Finding a lost bracelet? No too easy. Translating an ancient code? Not doing that again." his eyes continued to trail until he found the perfect job. "Got it!" He ripped from the request board and took it back to his friends, slamming it on the table.

Lucy jumped up from seat in surprise and anger, "Agh! Natsu what the..." she stopped yelling when she looked at the mission Natsu had picked. Her eyes grew wide in happiness, "D-Does that say what I think it does?" she looked up at Natsu who nodded and smiled wide at her. She then looked back down at the job request.

Wanted! Strong Wizards to run Dark Guild out of town.

Reward: 10 million jewel

Location: Lumina

Lucy squealed with joy at the sight of the reward. "Just think of all the things I could get if I had that kind of money." She began to hum to herself and thought of all the house wares and clothes she would buy. That is until Gray burst her bubble.

"I think you guys aren't seeing the big picture here." He pointed at the job post, "If the reward is 10 million, which means these guys must be insanely strong."

Natsu looked at Gray, "What's your point?"

"My point is that it will take more than us four..."