Chapter 7: Promise.

After celebrating for hours, everyone decided to go home; all of them content that Natsu & the others were safe. Wendy headed upstairs towards Natsu's room, but Gray called to her, catching her attention. She turned around and saw Gray and Juvia were at the bottom of the stairs.

"You going to check on Natsu again?" he asked her with a smirk, this would have been the 4th time Wendy checked on the still healing Dragon Slayer.

She looked at them and blushed slightly, "Yes. I think I'm going to stay with him until he wakes up."

"Aww." Juvia chimed in, "Love is a beautiful thing right Gray?" she looked at him expectantly, her eyes wide.

Gray blushed a bit and scratched the back of his head, "Yea...I guess. Could you give me some space." he said trying to push her off.

"Good luck Wendy." Juvia said smiling wide, she then pulled Gray's arm as she began to walk out of the door, "Come on Gray let's go."

"Alright alright quit pulling. See you tomorrow Wendy." Gray said still struggling to release Juvia's grip on his arm.

Wendy waved at her friends as she watched them walk out of the door. When they were no longer in sight, she continued upstairs. She reached Natsu's door and knocked.

"Natsu, are you awake?" she heard no answer. She noticed the door was unlocked and slowly opened it, slowly inching her head inside the space between the doorway and the door. "Natsu?"

She looked inside to see him sleeping peacefully in his bed, nearly covered from head to toe in bandages. She smiled softly at the scene before her and quietly walked inside so as to not wake him.

She pulled a chair to his bedside and watched him sleep. Seeing him lying there so calm and quiet, it made her smile even more. As she continued to watch him however, she started to grow sad and a bit angry. She clenched her fists as they lie on her thighs in her chair.

2 days...you were gone for 2 days Natsu. It's my fault...I shouldn't have let you guys alone. If had been there that day, you wouldn't be like this...You idiot, why didn't you wait for me?

She began cursing herself for allowing Natsu to get hurt. As she continued to beat herself up, Natsu began stirring in his bed. Hearing the disgruntled noises he turned his head and looked at Wendy.

"Wendy? What's wrong?" he asked weakly.

She noticed Natsu and hurriedly tried to wipe the pain from her face.

"Oh...Natsu, it's...it's nothing." She said hesitantly, still wiping her face.

"Well if it's nothing, why are you angry?" He said as he sat himself up smiling, his trademark smile.

Seeing this caused Wendy to stop torturing herself and she smiled back at him. "You're right." She said agreeing with him. "How are you feeling?"

"Me? I feel better already." He tried to swing his arm around, but the pain caused him to yell. Wendy simply sat and laughed at him, she was glad that Natsu was back to his usual self. "Sorry I got all beat up and made you guys save me." he said with an apologetic look.

Normally Wendy would have scolded his recklessness, but after what he went through she thought better of it. "It's ok. I'm just glad you're safe."

"Yeah, as soon as I'm better I'll be able to take those guys on again." Natsu said slowly clenching his fist.

Wendy suddenly gave Natsu with a disapproving look.

"What?"

"Yeah, after I get out of here I'll track them down and show them what happens when you mess with me."