The Greatest Gift

(Astrid's POV)
I woke up to the sound of terrible terrors squawking outside my window. As I sat up, I felt movement inside my belly.
It had been a little over a month since the wedding and I had just recently found out that I was carrying our first child. I have yet to tell Hiccup.

A cold gust of wind came in through the window, making me shiver. I rushed to close the window, slamming it shut. The sound causes the terrible terrors to scatter. I put on a robe and headed downstairs to make a cup of tea.

Hiccup is still not home yet. He's been out exploring a new island. He and Fishlegs were exited about possibly finding new dragons so they decided to camp out there for a few days.

I sit at the dining table, stirring yak milk and honey into my tea. I hear footsteps outside and get up to open the front door.

"Hello M'lady!" Hiccup grinned.
"Hiccup! I missed you so much!" I wrap my arms around his neck and he picks me up at the waist, spinning me around, before setting me down gently beside him.

Before I know it, my lips are on his. When I said I missed him, I meant it. I missed his kisses, his messy hair, and everything else about him. He looks down at me and gives me another goofy grin. It's hard to believe, but there was a time where I was taller than him.

"Um, Hiccup, I have to tell you something," I can barely hold in my excitement.
"Sure Astrid," He says.

(Hiccup's POV)
I look at her intently, waiting to hear what she has to tell me.

"I'm... I'm pregnant!" She bursts with excitement.

"Astrid! That's... amazing!" I look for words to express myself, "We're going to have a child! I... I... Oh Astrid!"

I embrace Astrid and kiss her forehead before placing a hand on her stomach.

"Your going to be have the best mother anyone could ever ask for." I whisper, as if talking to the baby.

Astrid giggles, "And the best father too."

"Come here you!" I wrap my arms around my wife, a future mother, and kiss her gently on the cheek.