Listen to your heart

Matsuri sat beside Gaara inside the carriage which the daimyo told them to ride in for their journey to the Kazekage's mansion.

Kankuro and Temari noticed the deafening silence between the two. Matsuri kept on looking down and pointing her fingers together while Gaara just looked outside and enjoyed the view though he's bored watching it.

Ever since last night, Matsuri kept on being quiet instead of the Matsuri who was annoyingly talking so loud to them.

Somehow the siblings missed that Matsuri but past is past. Matsuri had matured now and she's different from before.

Wearing a kimono and having that respectful atmosphere on her, everyone had seen her as the princess now.

And Temari sighed at the thought. If Matsuri changed, then some of her habits won't change also. Like what Matsuri's friends said, she still has the innocent Matsuri within her despite being the princess.

"Matsuri, what's wrong?" Temari asked to break the silence which caused Matsuri to jump at her seat.

"I-I'm... sorry." Matsuri said.

"For what?" Kankuro asked, his face paint back to his face again.

"Well... I didn't spoke to all of you like what I usually did. I spoke like... like... uhmm... how should I explain it?" Matsuri tried to say but Gaara interrupted her.

"It's fine. We understand. It's part of your role." Gaara said.

Matsuri lighten up a bit and she was back to herself again. Temari and Kankuro smiled. Now, they don't have to deal with "Matsuri-hime". Rather, with Matsuri herself.

"Do I look good with my kimono last night?" Matsuri asked them.

"Yeah. All men were looking at you. Even the flashy guy you rejected." Temari said with a grin on her face.

"I can't help it. He was my suitor before and he even humiliated me once in a meeting so I humiliated him also." Matsuri answered back, a blush creeping its way on her cheeks. Somehow, she felt sorry for the guy whom she rejected last night.

"You wore the satchel." Kankuro noticed the satchel on her neck.

"Oh, this? I wore it so that everybody will think that I accept Gaara's lo- I mean, proposal." Matsuri told him though what Kankuro's ears registered that she was about to say Gaara's love.

Gaara doesn't love her like that and will never be though she hoped that it will come true. Kankuro stared at her, knowing what she meant back there. He also knew about Gaara's feelings towards her but he hoped that Gaara would not be as dense as a rock. He knew those feelings inside Gaara's body it's just that he doesn't even realize about it.

"Always wear that. If you lost it, tell me." Gaara said.

"Y-yes, Gaara-sama." Matsuri answered, her shy personality coming back again.

"Don't call me Gaara-sama. From now on, call me with familiarity."

"Yes. But... how should I call you? How about Gaara only? But, we're not even that close yet. Only Temari-sama and Kankuro-sama does it. How should I call you?" Matsuri wondered to herself.

Kankuro wanted to laugh at the situation. Matsuri making names for Gaara. But he was also wondering what kind of name will Matsuri call Gaara once they got married. Is it dear or just Gaara?

"Since we're getting married next week, I'll start to call you dear."

"No. That's embarrassing."

"Then what do you want?"

"Anything. Think of something."

"Hmm... oh! How about Gaara-chan?!"