Excerpt #11

"Where are you going?" James asked worried runing after her.

"Nowhere, I just need a some air" she answered while walking away from him.

"Please don't lie to me Zoë" She stopped walking and sighed. Zoë never thought that to protect her heart she had to lie to him.

"Do you really want to know?" asked without turning to look at him scared about the fact he would say "yes" and nervous because she had no ide how would she put into words what was happening to her.

"Yes!" James exclaimed.

It took her a minute but Zoë turned around and looked at him. She was scared to say it, not because she was insecure about what could be his reaction but if she said those words it would make them real, and it was the last thing she wanted. Zoë took a breath.

"I like you! ok?" admitted in a whisper fearing every word in that sentece, James opened his eyes with surprised "do you know what this means?" shouted without noticing.

"I... uhh" he mumbled.

"Do you actually understand what this is? This" pointed to both of them "is not a game anymore! At least not for me..." paused when she saw his expression "you don't have to do or say anything. I'm just trying to make you understand that I can't continue with this" explained "I'm sorry".

Zoë walked to her motorcycle and drived far from there, not even waiting for him to say something. James stood in his place, eyes wide open and his heart rising. He always thought that if one of them started to have feelings for the other, it would have been him.