Two

Zonnique

Zoey did the unexpected and slapped me right in my face. I could feel my eyes watering. I didn't think he'd ever put his hands on me.

"Get the hell out before I call the cops" I screamed

"Man whatever, I'll call one of my hoes" he said cockily

That broke my heart to hear that. All this time I thought he was faithful.

"Good cause we're done" I said out of anger.

With that he just left. I went over to my vanity and saw a purplish mark on my cheek. That just made me angry all over again. I just figured I'd put make over it in the morning, but now I'm finally going to sleep.

The Next Morning

The next morning I woke up with a note on my nightstand

Morning Nique, your father and I have to go on a buisness trip to China for a couple of weeks. Please look over the house and Jasmine for us. There is plenty of groceries in the kitchen and money in your bank account. Call if anything goes wrong. Love you xoxo.

I rolled my eyes they are always going out on business trips. I got dressed in a white tank top with a red cardigan over it, black shorts, and red TOMS. I curled my hair and put on my camouflaged bucket hat. I was definantely feeling myself today. I almost forgot to put makeup over this stupid bruise,

I walked into Jasmine's room and got her dressed and did her hair. I gave her a bowl of cereal while I got my car keys and bookbag. Once Jasmine was done we went out to the car and i drove to her daycare. I parked the car and took the key out the ignition.

"Okay, Jas so Mommy and Daddy are gonna be away for awhile so it's just me and you for now." I could tell from her face that she was about to cry. She was very attached to my mom and dad.

"Aww, Jas please dont cry. We're gonna have lots of fun. We can go to the park, make cookie, go to Mamaw, and even have Big Sis Lil Sis Day." I said with a smile which made her smile.

"okay" she said softly

We got out the car walking up to her daycare door. " If Miss Jones tells me you were good today, we can get ice cream when I pick you up, okay ?" I said at her level

"Okay, Nique. Love you." she gave me a kiss on the cheek and ran off with Miss Jones

Ten minutes later I was walking throught the halls of Grady High. I was walking with my bestfriend Bahja , there was alot of giggles and chuckles. I wasnt sure what it was about but I brushed it off.

When I got to my locker I saw a note;

The new school whore I hear. You tryna meet me in the janitor closet 4 block.

I rolled my eyes. I wanna know who the hell started this. I looked up to see Zoey and his friends laughing. Then I knew who started this rumor. I began walking over there pissed ..

To Be Continued ..  

 Vote and comment

-Amber