Chapter 11

Bakura was impressed with himself.  He actually didn't throttle Otogi at hearing what was said.  However, white hot anger shot through him at Ryou being threatened.  Waiting a few minutes until Otogi was completely out of sight, Bakura went and silently picked the back door, sliding in unnoticed.  Ryou was sitting at the table, hands cupped around a mug, steam coming from it.  Staring into nothing, Ryou looked the picture of an angel...albeit a sad, pensive angel.

"Princess...wanna tell me what's going on and why that guy was threatening you and why I shouldn't go rip his throat out for threatening you?"  Bakura questioned as he stepped out of the shadows.  He was aggravated at himself for still caring...but he couldn't help it.

Ryou jumped, turning.  "B..Bakura, you scared me."  His face was paler than normal.  As he sat the mug down, Bakura noticed that Ryou was shaking.  Against all that screamed in him, Bakura walked over, kneeling.  Running his right hand up, he cupped Ryou's face in his hand.

"Sorry."  The gravelly voice rumbled.  "But you didn't answer my question.  Why shouldn't I fucking kill Black Beauty there?"  Bakura questioned, espresso eyes boring into Ryou.  Ryou winced.

"I...I don't know what you are talking about."  Ryou's eyes shifted away.  

Bakura scoffed.  "Horseshit Ryou.  You moved on, you married that girl, so obviously you don't give two shits about me or what I've been through.  I obviously thought much more of you then you thought of me.  So at least have the fucking decency to be honest with me.  I would fucking think you owe me that."  Bakura's eyes bored through Ryou, the hope that was bubbling inside of him dying with every word he said.

"'K..Kura, I...it's just...I can't."  Fear shone through chocolate eyes.

"Ryou...what the fuck is going on?  Tell me."  Bakura's patience was growing thin.  Ryou started to shake, looking down.  Sitting the mug down, he grabbed onto Bakura, hugging him tightly.

"I can't.  He'll kill me...and her."  Ryou whispered, burying his face in Bakura's hair.   "Please..."  Ryou tried to pull away, as Bakura tightened his grip.  

"Who...I won't let anyone hurt you.  Tell me and I will fucking take care of them."  Bakura whispered, breathing in the sweet scent of Ryou which smelled of flowers.

"...'Kura...please..."  Ryou whispered, fighting feebly to escape.

"Please what?"  Bakura asked, closing his eyes.  Ryou would taste so sweet....

"'Kura...y..you have to leave."  Ryou whimpered, letting his arms drop.

"I won't let you get hurt."  Bakura growled, giving in and kissing Ryou's neck.

"Oh, 'Kura..."  Ryou murmured, his head falling back as Bakura kissed him more, a low moan escaping Ryou's throat.

"What princess?"  Bakura whispered roughly, running his hand down Ryou's neck.

"...'Kura, I've missed you."  Ryou whispered.

"Daddy?  Who dat?"  The childish voice called out.  Bakura turned, seeing the child looking curiously at Bakura.

Ryou smiled, face reddening as he jumped up and started disentangling himself from Bakura as he wiped his eyes and went over and picked up the girl.  "This is daddy's friend Bakura.  He was helping me practice for that play I am going to be in."

She smiled, childlike innocence accepting the answer.  Waving at Bakura, she stuck her thumb in her mouth, eyes drooping.  Bakura looked at her, then at Ryou.  The scent of her was...different.  She didn't smell like Ryou at all.  Eyes widening, Bakura just looked at Ryou.  Suddenly, he heard the front door unlocking.  Moving impossibly fast, Bakura was out of the house before the door could open.  Bakura peeked through the window, noticing Rebecca walk back in.