Chapter Eight

Emma P.O.V.

Every few minutes I checked my phone hopping to see a new call or message from Harry. We haven't talked all day, which was very unusual.

"Is everything okay?" Audri asked just before sipping her Starbucks drink.

"What? Oh yeah sorry. It's just... Harry hasn't text or called all day and that's not like him." I explained scrolling through our old messages.

"He could be buzzy?" She suggested pushing her bottom lip out.

"Yeah, I guess so..." I said turning off my phone sliding it in my back pocket.

"So!" Audri yelled after she chugged down the last drops of her drink, slamming the empty cup on the table. I jumped. If I was in another world she definitely shocked me out of it.

"What's next?!" She asked excited.

"uhh.."

"Oo I know! Here; the next adventure is my treat."

"Oh alright ha-ha."

Standing up we both walked over to the trash throwing our empty cups away. She lead the way out the door and to the car. Right before walking over to the passenger side she stopped.

"What?" I asked unsure why she wasn't going in the car.

"It's not going to be a surprise if I have to tell you where we are going." She explained blankly with a small grin.

I rolled my eyes laughing taking my keys out my front pocket, I tossed them to her. She easily caught them with a huge smile, it's not very common for me to let her drive. "Awesomeeee," she sang unlocking the doors.

Both hands on the black steering wheel, and both eyes sharp forward, she was silent. Even though she has her license she looks like she barley just got her permit. While she drives she stays silent giving all her attention to the road ahead. I wasn't complaining because I was also lost in thought over Harry. Did I do something wrong? Was he mad at me? Leaning forward I connected my phone to the car and played the playlist I made for Audri. Turning up the volume; I sat back in the seat laying my head back, and shut my eyes trying to focus only on the music.

Harry P.O.V.

Whenever I stand I'm pulled back to the ground. The world around me is blurry and constantly moving. I

Went to grab the almost empty bottle of vodka, but I missed and it fell over, spilling all over the black counter. "Damn," I whispered placing both hands on the counter making a splash. I guess I will just have to drink it off the counter.

"She's dead. Harry I'm sorry. She's dead," my mothers voice still ringing in my head. It made me angry every time i heard her voice. I slammed my fist onto the counter then sat back up straight ignoring the liquid dripping from my chin. Why isn't the pain going away? Why can't I forget?

Images of her flickered in my head. Images of her laughing. Her bright yellow hair, her bright blue eyes. The way her face lit up when she would smile. It made me smile but then I remembered again.

She shouldn't of died. It's my fault anyway. I should be the one dead. Not her. I'm the one that was so into drugs. Not her. I took her to all the parties. I made her drink that first beer. That first smoke. I should be dead. Not her.

Scooting out of the wooden stool I collapsed to the floor. If I didn't place my hand on my thigh I would of forgotten I even knew how to walk. It's as if my entire body shut down expect for my brain.

I miss home. I miss looking around seeing familiar faces. I miss being home. But then I remembered Emma. Oh Emma. Guilt swirled through my body beginning in my chest. Why am I getting involved with her. She doesn't deserve to be around a monster like me. But it's so hard for me to stay away. Why can't I just stay away, push myself away from her. Far away. But I love her. I can't hurt her.