11. Jealousy

A/N: Hey people! Here is another update for you! Hope you liked the prologue of my new story 'Ranjishein'. If you haven't checked it out do go and have a peep in. Do vote and comment if you think it's worth it! 😊

So, let's get ahead with this one!

*******************************

Gauri sat beside Shekhar talking about her studies and future aspirations. Shekhar was really impressed by her goals and recommended more useful ways to achieve them.

Gauri was happy to note that Shekhar was really a good man because it was really hard to find a man who whole-heartedly supported their spouse.

She was really proud of herself for doing this for Shekhar.

They had invited the Agarwaals and all their close friends which included the Oberois and the Rathores as well.

Everyone was present, well except for Omkara.

Here starts their plan. And Gauri couldn't wait for it to resume.

Omkara entered the living room with a tall girl by his side.

All the elders were surprised to witness Omkara with a girl. It seems they hadn't seen him with anyone other than Gauri, Anika and Bhavya.

Shekhar trails off midsentence as he stares at the new guest.

"Paayal!" Gauri squealed as she ran to hug her. "Oh my god! I can't believe you came!"

"How could I not? My best friend's getting engaged!" Paayal hugged her tightly

"Hey guys, meet my friend - Paayal Kapoor." Gauri introduces her.

The elders welcomed her as Omkara pulled her to sit next to him on the settee which was next to the one occupied by her and Shekhar.

"Hello, Shekhar." Omkara greeted as he raised his hand for shaking.

But Shekhar was busy staring as Paayal.

"Shekhar? Are you okay? You seem to be lost somewhere.." Gauri gently whispered to him, which broke him out of his daze.

"Yeah-Yeah! I am alright.. Nice to meet you again, Omkara." Shekhar shook his hand.

"Meet my friend, Paayal Kapoor.. Paayal, meet Shekhar Agarwaal." Omkara introduced them.

"Om, I actually already know him. Hello, sir. Nice to meet you again." Paayal gave him a small wave.

"Um- yes.. She is actually my P.A.." Shekhar explained to Gauri and Omkara, who looked at them confusedly.

"Wow! What a co-incidence!" Gauri exclaimed happily.

"Yes- Yes, it's a small world... How do you know each other?" Shekhar asked Gauri as he continued to gaze at Paayal who was laughing at something Omkara said.

"We are actually childhood friends.. We had made a vow that we would be there for each other in our important phases of life. And here she is... just before my engagement. I had always felt guilty about one thing. That I couldn't be beside her when she needed me a couple years ago..." Gauri trailed off.

"A couple years ago? Why- I mean, what happened?" Shekhar asked, having an idea, but didn't want to think about it..

"The asshat she was dating right then, dumped her the day she was going to propose him. He always had a rod stuck up his ass. Always controlled her.. she couldn't do that.. she couldn't do this.. It was her who always compromised.. If I meet him one day.. I swear, I am gonna knee him badly where the sun doesn't shine!" Gauri ranted. Shekhar shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he inconspicuously tried to cover his private part with the throw pillow next to him.

"I am so glad, she has began to date again! And who better for her than Omkara? They are perfect for each other! I am already dreaming about their wedding after ours'! Don't you think they look great together?" Gauri asked him, with a bright smile.

"No- I mean, Yes! They- they look just perfect..." Shekhar said softly as he glanced at the laughing couple in front of him.

*******************************

"Shekhar, you OK? You seem to be quiet.." Gauri asked him, as she stood next to him near the bar.

After the dinner the youngsters had decided to head to a bar for some drinks. Shivaay, Anika, Rudra, Bhavya were already dancing. Omkara and Paayal seemed to in their world talking about something. While Shekhar sat nursing his drink and staring into nothing with Gauri continuously chattering into his ear.

"Oh! I-I am alright! I think- " Shekhar said as he blinked his eyes a few times and finally looked at Gauri.

Gauri interrupted him by suddenly exclaiming, "Oh, look! Omkara is going to kiss Paayal!"

Shekhar turned to look and found them really close, almost hugging each other.. staring off into each other's eyes. Omkara getting more closer to her....

SMASH!

He looked down to see the glass that had been clenched tightly in his hand, now shattered into pieces. Some shards sticking into his skin with blood dripping from the cuts.

He vaguely heard Gauri scream his name. But the only thing he saw was red.

He quickly got up and marched out of the bar without glancing back.

*******************************

"Shit! He cut his hand.. Think it was too much?" Gauri asked everyone as she knawed at her lips nervously and began to apologize. "I am so sorry, Paayal.."

Omkara grabbed her waist and held her to his side as he rubbed her shoulders.

"No, Gauri.. If we want him to come to his senses before the engagement then, this amount of pressure was perfect. Paayal, tomorrow you leave in the resignation letter on his table. OK? And then, we wait." Shivaay said. Paayal nodded as she continued to fidget nervously.

"I know, Paayal.. You care for him. But you need to continue according to our plans, and then only we will achieve our goals. Got it? Shekhar will be fine. Don't you worry about him, alright?" Shivaay asked Paayal softly, who nodded at him and gave him a small reassuring smile.

Omkara pulled Gauri's hand, requesting her attention and asked, "Wanna dance?"

"Hmm..." Gauri pretended to think for a few seconds and grinned as she replied, "Sure!"

Omkara pulled a laughing Gauri on to the dance floor, and left the rest chuckling at their antics.

*******************************

P/S: There you go. So, how did ya like it? Shekhar is getting jealous! Oohh! Ain't it getting spicy? See you in the next chapter! Mmwaah!

And please don't forget to Vote and Comment if you liked this chapter!

Love! <3 <3 <3