12. Spontaneous

A/N: Long long time no see, aye? I know.. Please don't throw any eggs on me, will ya? Haha. So let's see... where we left the last chapter at.

Recap: Shekhar gets really jealous when he sees Omkara and Paayal getting closer and hurts his hand without care and heads out of the bar.

So, let's get ahead now, shall we?

**************************************

The next morning, Shekhar sat at his desk nursing his coffee and staring at his bandaged hand.

There was something in his chest that felt like it was being clutched tightly and he couldn't breathe. That was the feeling he felt when he saw Omkara getting close to Paayal. He almost wanted to hurt Omkara badly... but he knew Paayal would feel disappointed by him if he even tried to do anything of the sort.

But after seeing them together, he didn't want to lose Paayal. He couldn't let her go. She was his lifeline and he realized he couldn't even contemplate leading a life with someone else other than her.

He had to make her realize that he still loved her. He still wanted them to have a future. And that he would change.

But the question is -  How?

He tried to savour the hot beverage in order to temper down his equally throbbing head.

He grimaced as he heard his door opened with a loud creak and was about to shout at the person, but stopped seeing Paayal standing in front of him with a file in her hand.

Clearing his throat nervously, he signalled her to sit.

"Um.. I wanted to submit my resignation letter."

Staring at her for over a minute, he slowly asked through his parched lips, "Resignation? I mean.. but why?"

"Uh.. I- I have found a new job. It holds more benefit for my resumé and for my future-" Paayal says, almost nervously as if she was trying to give him an explanation.

"Oh! I understand. It's for your future after all." Shekhar slowly nodded.

"You do? I mean- yeah! It's for my future - I mean, my future career." Paayal softly said, shifting her eyes away from him.

After a couple minutes of silence, Paayal slowly stood up from her seat.

"So... um. This is it." Paayal said softly.

"Yes. This is it. Have a good life." He replied back softly.

Staring at her as she turned he finally croaked out, "Paayal.."

Paayal stood still and without turning around, asked, "Yes?"

"Paayal, please forgive me." Shekhar said as he slowly walked around his table and approached her.

"I have already forgiven you, Shekhar. If I would have held any grudges against you, I wouldn't be working in this firm, especially under you." Paayal said in a monotonic voice.

"Is there a chance? Between us, I mean?" Shekhar softly begged.

"And what about Gauri? Aren't you supposed to get married to her? Won't this be unfair to her?" Paayal finally turned back and questioned him, looking back at him with such furious eyes, he had to stop himself from stepping away from her.

"Which means you agree with me? Which means... there is a chance.." Shekhar said as he stepped closer to her, almost touching her body.

"I didn't mean that- " Paayal stammered, but stopped when Shekhar laid a finger on her lips.

"Shh.. It doesn't matter what you didn't mean. Only what you want matters. And it's better for Gauri this way, or else she will be bound in a loveless relationship. Because I only love you." Shekhar said softly, making Paayal take short breaths and quiver with anticipation.

"You're being selfish.." Paayal croaked out.

"If you call fighting for your love selfish.. then yes. I am selfish. I love you, Paayal. I will only want you. Please, forgive me, Paayal. Please." Shekhar softly begged again.

"What if you repeat the same mistakes again? How can I be sure that you have changed?" Paayal softly asked back, her throat clogged with tears.

"I have learned my lesson hard, Paayal. I have already lost you once. I don't want to lose you again. Please, Paayal." Shekhar replied back.

"Just kiss me, Shekhar." Paayal ordered and Shekhar not wanting her to changer her opinion, obeyed her command.

**************************************

"Do you think our plan's really going to work?"

"Yes. Now, stop thinking about them. Think about us." Omkara replied, pulling her back in his arms.

"Omkara!" Gauri exclaimed, a tint of red flooding through her cheeks.

"What?!" Omkara exclaimed back lightly, but soon got back to what he was doing. Kissing her shoulder.

"You two!" Anika exclaimed as she entered Gauri's room.

Gauri gasped aloud as she shifted as far away from Omkara as she could.

Omkara rolled his eyes as he sat back, running his hand through his hair.

"Did you get the news?" Anika continued, ignoring their dishelved selves as she sat on the bed.

"No..." Gauri replied back, as she looked confusedly back and forth from Anika to Omkara again.

"Our plan has turned out to be... successful! Very successful in fact. Paayal just texted me as she couldn't call in front of Shekhar.. that he has begged her to give him another chance and marry him." Anika said.

"And what did she say?!" Gauri asked back, holding in her squeal that she really wanted to let out. But there was her mother downstairs, that she had to think about.

"Of course, she said yes!" Anika exclaimed back with a huge grin on her face.

"Yes!" Gauri exclaimed and hugged Omkara beside her tightly.

"I told you, Gauri. There is nothing that can stop us from getting united." Omkara whispered into Gauri's right ear, making her blush furiously and feel all tingly.

**************************************

PS: Review please. There is just one more chapter left - Epilogue. And this story is done. I am so sorry that it has been soo long since I updated this story. But anyhow, like I said, I will definitely complete it.

I have uploaded another complete story and a three-shot. You can take a look at it if you are interested in Pakistani dramas as well.

Love! ♥️♥️♥️