Shoe box

Sophia's POV

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello," I groaned.

"Sophia! Guess what? I have great news for you!" My mother practically shouted in my ear from the phone.

"Mother it's 3 a.m. in New York. I don't want to play the guessing game right now." I whined slightly irritated.

"Your brother is getting married!" She finally came to the point. I was expecting this soon because he had told he was going to propose soon.

"Oh...OK, when do I have to come to LA?" I already knew this was her motive.

"On Thursday." It's Monday.

"Mother really you gave me three days to pack up and leave for the other side of the country. " I'm tired, so tired

"Yes I did. Anyway, you love challenges, right?" Haha very funny. Sarcasm runs in the family.

"For how long do I have to stay over there?"

I simply asked because I really had no say. My mother is the kind of person that would literally drag me to LA if I dared to say no.

"Ummm... I was thinking about a couple of months. It is a wedding; your own brother's I might add." Oh God please help me! The guilt card. Well played mother.

"OK fine I will call you when everything is booked or knowing you, did you already book my flight?" I was on the verge of slipping a question out of my mouth that I was very soon going to regret.

"Check your mailbox!" She is definitely one of a kind.

"Of course." I could not take it anymore "Hey mother, did you also invite them?"

"Dear, I had no choice. They are our closest family friends." There was a hint of pity in her voice.

"I was just asking...I got to go mother. Good bye. See you soon. " I hung up the phone before she could reply. I will not feel pity for myself.

So I decided to get my passport and flight ticket ready ahead of time. As I leaned under my bed to retrieve the shoe box. As I was searching for the passport, I fell upon old photos of us. I kept every memory I had of him. I bet anyone ten bucks that he didn't do the same. He probably just set everything ablaze the minute our relationship had ended. Even saying his name gives me heart ache. But I still loved him.

"Harry." I promised myself after that night I won't let myself be attached to anyone. So I will never get hurt that way. He broke me and only he can put the pieces back together.

No matter how much pain Harry has caused me, he has loved me twice as much or so I thought. A tear fell on my cheek. Why am I crying over a guy that cheated on me with somebody that I used to call a close friend, Kendall. He ruined everything. Gemma was my best friend and now we can not even make eye contact with each other if we are in the same room as each other just because she supports her brother rather than who is right.

There was a knock at my door. Bella, my roommate and also my dear cousin.

"Come in." Even though she was already opening the door when I said this.

"Did I just find three tickets to LA in the mailbox?" Three? Who's the third person. I know Bella had to go because she's part of the fam bam. Oh Cameron! Cameron is Bella's boyfriend and also his family are very important family friends.

"Bro's wedding preparations. " I should be happy but I am so far from being happy.

"What's wrong Sophie?" There was actually concern in her eyes.

I trusted Bella so I spilled all my worries to her. "What if Harry actually shows up over there? What if he brings Kendall?(nothing against Kendall Jenner but she will be evil in this fan fiction just a heads up:) I know his family is definitely coming and Gemma is going to be there too. Oh God, why me?

"It's OK Sophie. Cam and I got your back, and you know Cam won't let Harry ten feet near you." After the whole cheating thing, Cam won't let me have any contact with Harry once so ever. It's like a sin to him. Harry and Cameron used to be so close. I sorta always had guilt for separating those two. Cam is very protective of Bella and me. He practically lives here anyway.

I said "Thank you" with a small smile.

So eventually Cam came over and we all packed. I managed to sneak a few photos of Harry and I without Cam and Bella looking. You know just for the memories. I called my work and basically took half a year off. Thanks to my mother. We ordered pizza and fell asleep on the couch.