s i x

Emerson's POV:

Justin, Marlowe, and I walked into a dancewear store looking for leotards, tights, and ballet shoes. Marlowe looked around before running to the tutus. "You'll get those soon." I signed to her and grabbed her hand. She giggled before walking over to Justin. "Hi, what can I help you guys with?" One of the workers asked me. "Yes, she's going to be starting Ballet and we need to get her fitted for a leotard." I said and put my hands on Marlowe's shoulder. "Alright, are you excited?" She asked her. Marlowe looked at me and I signed to her. She looked up at the worker and nodded. The worker bit her lip before taking us to the back.

"Are you excited to start dance tomorrow?" Justin asked her. She nodded. "I can't wait to spin around!" She smiled. I smiled too. "Well you have to go to school and then go. Justin and I will be there to watch." I said and she nodded, continuing to do her homework. I got up and walked over to the kitchen. "What are you cooking today?" Justin smirked. "That's all you care about huh?" I smiled. He chuckled and nodded.
•••

I put Marlowe's hair into a high bun and turned her around so she looked at me. "You look beautiful princess." I signed to her. She smiled widely before hugging me. I smiled and held her close to me. After we hugged, I let her go and stood up. I took a few pictures of her before grabbing her dance bag and walking to the car.

Marlowe sat between Justin and I as I helped her put on her ballet slippers. She looked around nervously at the other girls. "You're going to do great." I signed and she nodded. All the little girls went inside the studio and Marlowe followed behind them. I felt Justin grab my hand as we watched.