t h i r t y f o u r

Emerson's POV:

I smiled as Dodger laid by my leg. "Hey buddy." I rubbed his back. Justin sat on the floor with me and put my hospital bag between us. Because labor can come at anytime, I wanted to pack the bag for Mila, Justin, and I. "I got this in the mail the other day, look how cute it is." I smiled and held up a pink and white striped gown with her monogram on it and a matching white hat. "I love it." Justin smiled and grabbed it from me. "Can you believe, in a matter of time, a little human is going to go in that?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I still can't believe it." I felt him put his hand on my stomach and I smiled.
•••

"Have fun at camp." I said to Marlowe as she left with my younger sister. Marlowe waved goodbye before walking out. I sat on the couch to an empty house. "What are we going to do princess?" I rubbed my stomach. I felt her moving around and I smiled to myself. I went to fix some breakfast for myself and began eating.

"Thank you!" I smiled at Justin as he handed me a burrito bowl from Chipotle. He kissed my forehead and sat down. "No problem." I opened it and started eating. "How was work?" I asked. "Long." He laid his head on the back of the couch. I continued eating as we talked.

"Father's Day is this Sunday." I smiled at Justin as we sat on the floor with Marlowe. Justin smiled. "It's going to be my first with my fiancée and my two beautiful daughters." He held my hand and Marlowe's hand. Marlowe smiled up at him and leaned into his side. "Can I take you out tomorrow for a father daughter date?" He asked her. Marlowe nodded excitedly and hugged him tightly.