t w e n t y s e v e n

Emerson's POV:

All of the kitchen cabinets were open and our dishes were on the counters. "Baby, What are you doing?" I heard Justin say. I turned around. "Cleaning out the cabinets." I have been nesting all week; nesting is when pregnant people have this urge to clean up their entire house before the baby comes. I recently bought a new set of dinnerware for us. He chuckled softly and walked over to me. "Do you need help?" He asked and I shook my head. "I'll be done in a few." I said and felt him kiss my cheek.

I smiled as Justin and Marlowe played on the floor. Mila moved around and I smiled, putting my hand on the bottom of my stomach. "Is she moving?" He asked and I nodded. Marlowe quickly walked over to me and nuzzled her face into my stomach. I scratched the top of her head and she looked up at me. "So sweet." I signed and she smiled.

I took a deep breath as my stomach tightened up. "You ok?" Justin asked and I nodded. "Just a Braxton Hicks contraction." I carefully got into bed when the contraction subsided. "If this is practice, I don't know how I'll be with she's actually coming." He said nervously. I chuckled and squeezed his hand. "It'll be fine. Your parental instincts will come into play." I met his eyes.

"Do you think I'm a good father?" He asked and I gasped. "Where is this coming from? You're an amazing father, Marlowe loves you so much." I turned to face him. He shrugged. "I know Marlowe loves me. Sometimes I get worried that I'm not that great of a father to her." He said softly. "Well you don't need to worry about that because you're a better father than her actual dad was." I said and he nodded. "I love you." He said and kissed me gently.