e i g h t

Emerson's POV:

"Today's our first open house." I smiled at Justin as we drove to Marlowe's school. "I know, the first of many." He smiled. I grabbed his hand and he squeezed it. When I got to her school, I parked and we got out. "Are you going to show me around?" I asked Marlowe. She smiled and nodded excitedly. She held Justin's hand as we walked inside. We went to the hallway all of the kindergarten classes were on before walking to her room.

"Hey Ms. Michaels." I smiled at her as she walked over to us. "Hello Emerson." She smiled at me. Marlowe hugged Ms. Michaels and went over to her seat. "How's Marlowe been doing?" I asked her. "She's doing great. She's adapted really well and she's even exceeding well over some of her classmates." She said and I nodded, smiling. I grabbed Justin's hand before sitting in the back with the other parents. As the classroom filled, the students sat at their desks. Ms. Michaels began with an introduction and the kids began to do what they normally do for school. They went over the pledge of allegiance, they did a morning affirmation, went over the alphabet, and sang a song.

I smiled at how cute everything was. It's crazy to know that there's people just like Marlowe. Some of the students wore hearing aids, some had cochlear implants, some didn't have anything at all but they were all deaf or hard of hearing and they all similarities. When they finished, Marlowe walked over to Justin and I with another little girl and her mom. "Hey I'm Megan and this is my daughter Lilian." She said, putting her hand on her shoulder. "Nice to meet you." I smiled and signed. Lily smiled. "Can I go to her house?" Marlowe asked me. "Well you'll have to wait until the weekend." I said and she smiled, nodding.