Moonlight, Swords, Action!

Great. Now I was stuck with Jack AND Barbossa. We were waiting in the caves for Barbossa's men to return. However, Barbossa hadn't sent all of his men after the Royal Navy. Oh well, just a few more obstacles I'd be happy to remove. I sat on another pile of treasure, comfortably too if I might add. I was leaning back on both arms, my legs stretched out, staring at the moon. I felt so calm right there. Until I saw Jack looking at me like this. ⬇️

     He strode over to me, still wearing that silly smile

     He strode over to me, still wearing that silly smile. I blushed and turned away. "So." He began. "What do you think of the treasure, love?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly, I've never been one for silver, gold, jewelry, or any of that stuff." He looked at me confused. Then he held up he jabbed his finger into the air, like he had a great idea. "I can change that for you, love." And with that, he got up and hunkered down near another pile of treasure out of my sight. It was quiet and peaceful again, until Barbossa ruined it. "Jack!" He called. The pirate had been observing an oddly shaped statue. He threw it back into the pile and strode over. Thinking this was important, I walked over too. I sat down and leaned against the chest of Aztec gold.

     "I must admit, I thought I had you figured. But it turns out, you're a hard man to predict." Barbossa said curiously when Jack finally reached him. "Me? I'm dishonest." He spoke with dignity about that. Remind me to slap him later. "And a dishonest man, you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly..." But I finished the sentence for him. "Stupid? Like you?" I giggled. He took a few steps toward me and bent down to my level. "I'll get you for that later. You better watch your back, love." He whispered, and then strolling back in front of Barbossa who was confused at Jack's logic. Honestly, I think I'm the only one who actually got what he meant because I noticed some of the left behind pirates were scratching their heads, puzzled. Although Jack was standing with Barbossa, he gave me a wink. That was my signal.

     Quick as lightning, I unsheathed my sword. I noticed Jack had taken two swords from the back of a nearby pirate, kicking him off the pile of treasure and into the water. Barbossa looked outraged and took out his sword, his eyes on Jack. But my blade crossed his. "Uh uh uh. Your fighting me now." I smirked. Barbossa and I began hacking away at each other. I quickly glanced to my right to see Jack tossing a sword to Will. Then he made his way over to me, helping me with Barbossa. "Don't worry about Will, love. I've taken care of him so focus all your attention on Barbossa." Jack mutters to me, as I thrust my sword at Barbossa again. "What does it look like I'm doing?" I grunt, blocking a jab at the side from the evil captain. Barbossa began herding Jack and I into a corner. But before I could do anything about it, Jack made a wild swipe at Barbossa. He had cut off the feather on top of Barbossa's hat. "Ha ha!" He gleamed, as we both stepped back a bit to see any difference in our enemy. But his triumphant look faded as Barbossa, who looked even more furious then before, growled and quickened his pace toward us. Jack instantly grabbed my arm and ran in the opposite direction from Barbossa, flailing his other arm madly. "We look like idiots." I grumbled. "We? What do you mean by that, love?" He smirked. But before I could give him a smart ass response, Barbossa had finally caught up with us. There was a fury of random jabs, thrusts, and blocks. The sound of metal against metal reverberating off the cave walls. "You two are off the edge of the map mates!" Barbossa really wanted us dead. "The feeling's neutral." I shot back.