15

Since I woke up my brothers haven't said a single word to me. They look mad as hell. Surely they don't know about Chris. Crystals a snake but she'd use that against me to get something before just telling Dom. Besides if that was the case they would be going out the door with guns.

"Asia!" Dom yells, feeling as though the bass in his voice made the house shake. My palms start sweating and my heart begins to beat a lot faster. "Coming." I rely barley above a whisper, my throat is dry as hell.

I walk into his office to see him and Crystal sitting together. "So Crystal tells me she wants to take you out to the mall to get you an outfit for your birthday. You cool with that?" I side eye her as Dom stares at me waiting for an answer. "A peace offering? I know we haven't got off on the best foot." Crystal adds.

"Whatever I guess." I say agreeing. "Awesome. Go get ready so we can go. This is going to be so much fun."

I walk into my room questioning this entire thing. What is she really up too? "Mon." He comes to my doorway. "What's Up?"

"Why is Crystal being nice?"

"What you mean?"

"She's taking to the mall for a birthday outfit."

"I don't know maybe she's trying to be a better person or some shit."

"Really?" I ask with in sarcastic tone. "Asia ion know."

"You think I should go?"

"If you want that outfit yeah. If things go left you know we'll be there quick fast and in a hurry."

"I'm calling Alisha to come with me."

"Nah she busy." Mom says quickly. "How you know what she got going on?"

He laughs, "Dre said she was gone be busy today that's all."

-

"What about this one?"

"It's cute but I don't know where I would wear it." My day hasn't been that with Crystal. I still don't trust her but I'll play nice for now. "To the club, a party, somewhere like that. Try it on."

I take it from her and walk into the dressing room. I change out of my clothes and into the dress. "Wow." I mumble to myself before working out.

"Okay Asia! . I see why Dom tries to hide you from the world. You definitely have one hell of a shape. I'm almost jealous." We both laugh. The people around the store are literally staring at me.

"Damn Asia what's up?"

"Do I know you?" I question the guy. "You probably come but I know you." Ew, his old ass needs to gone on somewhere with that.

"And if you knew what was good for yo creep ass you'd keep your eyes to yourself Damon."

"She grown now. Asia Evans ain't a lil girl anymore."

I dismiss myself back into the dressing room while Crystal cussing his old ass out. "What the hell going on here?" I hear a guy with a thick ass accent say. "What are you doing here?" Crystals asks sounding surprised.

"What you doing here?" He asks in a stern tone. "Out with Asia."

"Really? How that happen? Thought she couldn't stand you." The guy says. Thats the guy I caught her talking to! "It's a work in progress." She says.

"What's up?" Is that Chris talking? That can't be him. "Cry's this my bro Chris."

"I know who he is." Crystal says. I walk out of the dressing room. "What's up baby?" Chris says. "Hey."

"This yo Asia?" The guy asks Chris. "Yeah. Asia this my bro August. I played his song for you."

"Oh wow that's was you? You have a nice voice." He smirks, "Preciate it. Well we got shit to go do. Enjoy your day ladies." August says. "Call me later bae." Chris says. "Alright." They walk out the store.

"August?" I question looking at Crystal. "That's the same guy I caught you talking to. That's who you really with because it damn sure ain't my brother."

"Asia listen. We all have secrets and this shit really isn't what you're thinking it is. All I'm going to say is if you want Chris to stay alive because you know Dom will kill that lil nigga then you'll keep your mouth shut. Chris won't know who you really are and Dom won't know anything about Chris."

"I swear to God Crystal if something happens to my brother because of you I will kill you myself."

"Stay in your lane sis." She says with a smirk. "Now let's get that dress and go find you some shoes."

***

I got back to the house with my outfit, shoes, and my hair and nails done. Wherever we're headed to Dom and Mon are in on it. They left an hour before us. I'm blindfolded sitting driving somewhere.

"Alright just follow the direction I take you in."

We got inside somewhere and suddenly the blindfold falls to the ground. "SURPRISE!!!!!" My mouth drops open and the party starts. The music begins to blast. "Girl look at you!" Alisha says as we hug! "Girl I can't believe this!" I laugh as I see my brothers walking up to me.

"Hell no! Where the fuck is the rest of the outfit?!" Dom yells with his vein throbbing. "Baby she's 18, let her live a little. It's not like anyone is going to be bold enough to try her with us here." Crystal says. "Put this jacket on." Mon says handling me his True Religion Jean Jacket. This thing is longer than the dress.

"Y'all so extra." I complain. "Put the jacket on." Dom says. "You enjoy ya lil party with that jacket on. We'll be at the top watching." Mon says. "Don't be dancing on any nigga."

"Girl enjoy yourself. Come on thing 1 and thing 2." Crystal says.

"I got us a little something." Alisha says. "What's this?"

"A drink. Come on. It taste amazing." Laughing we go to a secluded area and take turns drinking the mini bottle. It does taste good. "I wish Chris was here."

"No because then Dom and Mon to try to murk him and then you'd have no boyfriend." Alisha says. "That's very true. Let's go dance!"

I partied my heart away and my brother didn't have to kill anyone. I make my way inside my room exhausted. I never knew clubbing was so much fun. Whoever made my cake did an amazing job. The living room is full of gifts from the whole hood. This was the best birthday party ever.

I look at my phone and see I have a bunch of calls and messages. I need to call Chris before my brother get upstairs.

I hit Chris name and it rings and rings and rings, no answer. I send him a good night text and his name pops up instantly. "Hello?"

"What's up? Why you up so late?"

"Huh?" I ask laying my head in my pillow. He chuckles, "Why you up so late?"

"I wanted to talk to you before I went to sleep." My eyes slowly close. "Asia... Asia... Good night. I love you."

"Love you." I manage to mumble before knocking out completely.