sixteen

I was shocked as he was by my words but I think I was ready to face the truth

It's been a very long time since I could forget and forgive myself for what happened and I still feel that piece of guilt inside of me thinking that it was my fault that I couldn't save her, and everytime I think about my mother I wish it was me and she would live a great life and I would be watching over her and protect her the way she is protecting me. She was the only family I had because I never got to meet my other family member because of my damn father and uncle but especially him he caused this mess and I hope to never see him again because I swear I'm not forgiving him, he cause this one and maybe if he wasn't a drunk and hurt my mother she would still be here with me and everything would be fine, but I guess things don't always go the way I want them to.

I hadn't realized I was crying when Harry wiped a tear off my face.

"Are you sure? You're okay"

I truly was grateful Harry was in my life and Delilah they mean the world to me and I am going to protect them with my life.

"Yes I'm sure. I think it's been long enough" I gave a laugh but it was emotionless

"Will you come with me?" I asked him and he seemed surprised but he agreed and we got out of the car and started to walk towards her tombstone.

Donna Rose loving mother of one

"The love a family is life's greatest blessing"

That was always one of my mothers favorite quotes even though she only had me I was her family and she was mine I loved her very much.

Me and Harry sat infront of her tombstone and I just stared at it for a moment and I opened my mouth to talk but it seemed as if I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

"It's okay love, you can do it" he reassured me

"You want to be alone I can wait over there or..."

"No. I want you too stay" I said and he smiled and held my hand.

-

-

-

-

Afer a while of just staring at her tombstone I think I am ready to talk to her.

"Hi mom. How have you been doing up there? I bet it's wonderful I wish I was there with you imagine if I was we would have the best of times like in the real world. I just wish... it... w... was"

I couldn't control my tears they were just pouring out as my words to my mother I never thought this would be hard, I just never thought I would be without my mom because she made me feel better when I was feeling sad and it hurts in my heart that she isn't with me I would take myself back to that day and wish it was me and I protected her.

"Why was I so useless? Tell me why couldn't I protect you. I was so innocent and useless when I saw you in that hospital bed I had realized I hadn't made a good job by protecting you and I wish that was me in the hospital and not you I... never meant for that to happen. I'm s... s... sorry mom. I love you so much and just so you know I have the album of photos of us that you made when we would have our little "parties" and tea parties. Everytime I see it, I remind myself that you were the best mom in the world."

I say while sniffling and i'm so happy that I have this opportunity to talk to her again.

"Hey mom, I have someone you need to meet"

"This is Harry my boyfriend, and I love him very much and he protects me and he is always there for me. Also he's here for support and that means a lot to me it would be great if you could meet him in real life"

I turned to look at Harry and saw he had tears in his eyes and he looked at me and he smiled at me.

"Yes Mrs. Rose your daughter is very wonderful and I love her very much with all my heart. And I will do anything and everything to protect her I love her so much"

I looked at Harry and I crashed my lips onto his and it was one of those sweet gentle kiss.

We got up to leave and started walking but I turned back.

"your my guardian angel I love you momma, a family stays a family no matter where they are."

and smiled and turned to go back to Harry and drove off.

It felt really nice talking to my mother even though she wasn't here literally but it felt nice visiting her and finally giving her peace and maybe putting some of the guilt I have been holding on me away for a bit because now that I think about it she wouldn't want me to hold on to that feeling thinking it was my fault and maybe let it go, she would want me to let it go.

"Thank you Harry for being their for me when I need you it means a lot."

He smiled gave me a quick peck on the cheek

"No problem love, it was nice listening to you and your mom talking and having a bond maybe if she isn't here but she's always here even if you don't see her" I gave Harry an awe look and I wanted to kiss him but he was driving and I don't want to distract him from driving.

"That means a lot I love you so much" and decided to just give him a peck on the cheek.

I was getting sleepy by the minute and I swear I couldn't keep my eyes open but I finally gave up on trying to stay awake and fell asleep thinking about my mother.

(hi guys thanks for all the votes I love y'all so much and also if you like my story leave feedback

vote/comment/share I'll love you forever

I have a twitter if you'd like to follow me

@harry1Dlove___ but thanks guys ilysm)

-Kassie ♡