Chapter 14: Shakespeare's Escape Plans

Before anyone could appear on the now broken entrance, Damien and I were already on our feet, running as fast as we can towards another door, revealing a bigger room.

"I regret I ever cursed this place for its roomy and spacious interior," he whispered on my ear when we settled below my father's desk.The first time he ever visited the mansion, he called it 'the labyrinth' when he had trouble locating my room. I was sick in bed and wasn't able to go to school for almost a week, so he decided to come visit.

"Tight spaces like this makes me uncomfortable," he groaned. It was no surprise. Suffocation for him is a deadly illness.

"You know most boys would enjoy this kind of position with a girl," I debated lightly. But deep down, the truth was: He was never like most boys.

"Did you check if they are claustrophobic? I'm sure some people would want to be suffocated every once in a while," he snorted. "How about checking for possible ways to escape this hell hole?" Sarcasm was a natural habit of mine.

"I have an idea. Why don't we try one of those escape plans that we used to do before?" he perked up all so suddenly.

"This is not Physical Education you dummy," I almost smiled, remembering those times we used to make plans and excuses to avoid the wrath of our P.E teacher who can bend hell with his torture exercises.

"But it sure did get us out of cruelty," he smirked. I don't know how but he has a way to make me feel if not completely at ease, at least diminish my anxiety and make it a bit more bearable even in the tightest situations of dire hopelessness. "Okay Sergeant Damster. What's the plan?"

"You know it would be ridiculous calling you General Kitten, right?" he arched an eyebrow. Okay, I guess that would be hilarious. "So what's the plan?" I repeated.

"Escape Plan A: We hide in here until we are certain no one would be around to see us sneak into that window," he pointed on the only window on the farthest corner of the room. "Then we jump, get to my car ASAP and drive the hell out of here so we can get some help. Sound good?"

"Wow, you make it sound so easy," I rolled my eyes. I poked my head out of the desk but Damien pulled me back with a look that says 'What are you doing?'

"Relax. If you want your plan to work, we need to know if there are really people outside this room and who we are up against." I looked outside only to retreat back after a very brief sight of it.

"Well, what did you see?" he looked concerned when he saw my stiff expression.

"No, it's not possible," I shook my head out of excess exasperation. "I don't think they are that easy to mislead."

"They?" he looked alarmed.

"There's monsters out there Damien," I shivered. "There are wolves out there that look much more hideous." I admit I've never seen wolves up close but I don't think they would be four feet tall, with dark furry skin and have this big wide gnarling mouth. There were at least four of those creatures that I saw outside. Creepy was a big understatement.

Damien turned to look a little while longer compared to mine. "It's not just that. He has men around with those black mascots. He sent them to look all over the place." He gave a bleak sigh before asking, "Any ideas?"

I closed my eyes and tried to think hard of other possible routines out of the mansion. There was only the window; nothing more. We have to deal with an abstract way to get out of here.

"Escape Plan B: Misdirection," I finally said after having much needed thought. I raised my hand to grab any kind of object on the desk and found three objects: a pen, a pencil, and an eraser. I didn't have to elaborate the scheme to him. He already realized it when I held out the three items. This will have to do...