scene two

irene looked outside the window, stars painted on the dark night sky as she waited for midnight. the past three nights, she has been roaming around the entire town looking at its beauty like as if she's seen it for the first time.

she decided to go out one last time before the little hand of the clock strikes twelve. she rides with her horse, and the only sound she hears is the clacking of its feet against the bumpy roads.

as she was arriving before the bridge that stood above the shiny river that led to the west of the city, she saw a familiar figure on the other side of the bridge.

she stopped on the opposite side of the familiar figure and crossed the bridge and tried approaching the person, surprised that he was walking towards her, too.

they both stopped at the middle of the bridge and looked at him. the moon reflected on his brown eyes and she slowly realized who she was seeing.

the mayor's son: kim taehyung.

"what are you doing in the middle of the night? did you forget your way home again?", he asked.

"not all who wander are lost.", irene answered.

taehyung looked at her, and all irene did was stare at his brown, mesmerizing eyes that were sparkling like the lights that reflected on the water below them.

they returned each other stares that had mixed feelings, until irene forgot that it was midnight, and she had to go to sleep.

she slowly backed away from him while he looked at her wondering why she was acting so strange all of a sudden.

she rode on the back of her white horse and led it back to her house, not knowing that he was still staring at her as she slowly faded away.

irene got into her room and pulled her covers above her chest and started thinking like the other three nights, will she forget everything that happened now when tomorrow arrives?

knowing that she had a huge chance of remembering everything, she closed her eyes without worries and drifted to sleep.