scene seven

irene stared at her own reflection on the millions of mirrors around her.

she kept looking around only to see the same old figure of her, not knowing the way out of this confusing and frustrating place.

everything around her started changing, and this was often to happen when it was near 12.

it was almost 12 when irene would think the entire room was spinning, it was almost 12 when irene would see the half of her body glitching as she looked at herself in the mirror,

it was almost 12 when she'd hear those ticking sounds inside her head until it was midnight. she starts to feel lightheaded. she falls to her knees. droplets of tears escape from her eyes as she remembers that she will now forget what has happened today and hurts people unknowingly tomorrow—

irene drifts off to sleep.

lying on the cold, marble floor, she just stayed there, waiting for the sun to come and rise once again.

~~~

seulgi sat on her bathtub filled with violet water and pink flower petals floating around. she sat on her bathtub for almost 20 minutes now, wondering why it mattered to irene so much when she told her that she actually liked taehyung.

she looked at the purple water around her and sank down.

but as soon as she did, everything felt different. she felt like as if the warm water was getting colder faster, and it felt like something was blowing the water.

she got her head out of the water and saw dried leaves and red roses floating on the water, the water not violet anymore.

she got out of her house, still wearing the gray, soaked dress that she wore while in the bathtub, skateboarded all the way to the same computer shop and saw irene sitting in front of a computer.

"irene, i need to tell you something.", she said, gasping for breath.

irene looked at her cluelessly, like as if she's never seen seulgi before. irene continued playing.

seulgi grabbed her arm with her wet hand and pulled her outside, and irene looked at her, making 2 lines on the middle of her eyebrows.

seulgi then felt this fire grow in her eyes, like as if something has went inside her and made her change her mind.

"you know what, never mind."

but something told irene that it was about taehyung, in fact, she just remembered him now.

irene calmed her face down. she suddenly remembered taehyung, she remembered the day he told her he wanted to go somewhere else far away from town with her, and now she just stood there not knowing where he is.

where is he?, irene thought.

~~~

seulgi opened her eyes and woke up to see a new view, sitting on a golden bathtub filled with warm water.

she stood up and wandered around, and got out of where she was. it was nighttime, when the townspeople celebrated the birthday of the sleeping beauty. but even if seulgi liked the happiness and joy she was seeing, she knew something was odd.

why are they celebrating the birthday of someone who remembers their names in the day, and forgets them in the night? why appreciate someone who forgets all about you when the day ends?

why were they celebrating the birthday of someone who never lost sleep over worrying about them while they worried about how her future will be as she forgets anything that happens?

seulgi thought she was thinking too much, and tried to walk away to think about going back to the present, or the future.

but just like those dramas she watched where a person goes back to where they started to get out of a situation, she went back to the bathtub and sunk just like she did before she got to this place she haven't even heard of.

and in just a blink of an eye, she was back to where she was, and she felt the need to tell this to irene, who she hasn't seen ever since the day she told her that she liked taehyung.

inspo: f(x) - 4 walls