scene six

^^^

irene woke up to the chilly wind that blew, making leaves hustle around her.

she looked around her, afraid of how her bed suddenly ended up in the middle of the forest as she wore the same old white nightgown she always wore to bed, knowing that she was far from a place that made her sure she was safe.

for the first time ever, she escaped from the ridiculous boundary the mayor made for the town. but now she knew why people thought it was dangerous to go outside the boundary, now she knew why some folks around town crossed the boundary at midnight and never came back during the day.

and she knew she was going to be one of them.

where she is right now was known to be a forest no one dared to step in, but some daring people did anyway. they said that if they were able to exit the never-ending forest, they'd enter the city of the future.

but irene was happy with what she had or where she was, and she didn't know why she deserved this. yet she was so curious about the "city of the future" that she just tried finding her way out.

she acted like she knew where she was going when she really didn't.

but as she continued walking, sounds she never heard before started echoing just not far away from where she was, the deafening sound of sirens and the annoying amount of honks cars made, everything annoyed irene.

she covered her ears and looked down, hoping for the sounds to end. she ran to the direction knowing enough was enough, and before she knew it, she was standing at the side of a highway.

she watched cars come and go in the speed of light, and it made her dizzy. on the other side of the road she found someone who looked the same way she did, except the ends of her hair were like the waves irene saw crashing to the rocks by the ocean back when she was in town, and eyes darker than hers.

the other girl she saw met eyes with her, and they stared at each other as cars continued running on the huge space between both of them.

but as she tried walking to the other version of herself, she felt this force trying to pull her, trying to tell her that she wasn't supposed to go there.

finally, she was pulled completely and she just watched droplets of water splash in front of her, like as if she dived backwards to a pool. it was like she was being pulled by something under the sea, but all she saw after was a park in front of her.

she watched children enjoying the games they played, students listening to music or studying under trees, but there was this one person that caught her attention the most.

he sat on a swing, looking like he was waiting for someone. he was wearing a blue shirt with white pants and shiny white shoes, and she thought about how good looking he was.

but she still wondered, why was there another her?