scene eight

irene ran back to the park in the middle of the night.

she looked at the same park she appeared in after being pulled out of the highway and into the "future", and found a person sitting on a swing, watching the stars as he swung softly. he wore a checkered sleeved-shirt and had light gray hair, and for no reason, this guy reminded her of taehyung.

it reminded her about the night when they met each other by the bridge, when he stared into her eyes like as if they'd never see each other again.

like it was their last.

he turned his back from irene and there they just stared at each other again.

taehyung kept his promise, too.

irene walked to him grinning, until she heard footsteps running to taehyung's way too. there, she was greeted by another her.

she looked like she was wearing a school uniform, holding her books near her chest, and irene looked at her confused.

she looks exactly like her, and the other girl didn't even know.

"taehyung, i don't need you anymore."

"what do you mean?", taehyung asked.

"i have 5 minutes until a new day comes, and even the time passes and i forget who you are.."

"please, don't forget me too.", she said.

"now it seems like forgetting everything when the clock strikes 12 is a normal thing now, and i'm glad i could forget so many things now, even if it seems like it's a very bad thing."

"god just wanted me to know how good it feels that you'll forget all of the sorrow i got the day before, that's what i thought."

"but in a bigger picture, i knew who i really was: a very selfish person."

"you know i'd forget you when a new day comes, but i still want you to remember me."

irene suddenly remembered how she felt guilty with the fact that she can no longer not forget everything when midnight strikes, and she felt undeserving of every good memory she encountered on her own, or with the people she wanted to spend it with.

"perhaps you could help me instead?", irene said, breaking the silence.

the other girl looked at her and the boy did, too.

"listen, woman. i'm not some kind of boy that you can date with for fun, i help special people like her when they forget something overnight. don't get me wrong, i may look good, but i'm probably 2 years younger than you.", he answered.

"no no no no, what i meant was, i was struggling on the same case she was in my past and, i think it's coming back.", irene replied.

"well i don't know, you have to prove to me that you are really in need of help. people use me too much, and i'm aware of that now. and i hope you know that i'm not somebody you're supposed to mess with.", he replied.

irene raised her eyebrows and walked back home whistling. that "taehyung" she met was so different from the taehyung she wanted to see, and this made her feel that she was wrong again.

or was she?