broken promises,

taehyung knew irene wouldn't be able to remember him like how he said, but he hid the pain just to make irene feel less guilty.

but what made him felt strange is that, every sacrifice he made felt numb to him, but when it came to irene, he learned how to pity himself too.

and without him knowing, that's what irene wanted for taehyung to learn if ever he gets 'reincarnated'.

taehyung stood in front of irene's gate holding daisies, and irene opened the gate with a smile.

"what brings you here?", irene asked, as taehyung gave the daisies to her.

"do you remember what happened yesterday?", taehyung asked.

irene froze. she felt guilty about not remembering it, and she was always like this, breaking one promise after saying that she'd keep it. she was tired of making people that make her happy feel sad, so she lied.

"yes, i do.", irene replied.

taehyung's smile widened. he remembered telling irene that he wanted to go somewhere else with her, so he grabbed her hand and they both ran to a place irene wasn't familiar with.

she realized they were getting farther away from the town, and irene knew this was wrong. but she remembered taehyung was just beside her, and she trusted him so much she felt so safe around him.

not long after, they were in the middle of a deciduous forest. it was summertime, and the trees made shadows on their skin. the sound of the waterfalls were music to irene's ears, and she held taehyung's hand tighter.

"you trust me, right?", taehyung asked.

irene nodded, feeling the warm wind blow her skin.

but there was that same old feeling from yesterday again.

irene hooded her eyes as she felt sleepy again, and it was just noon. she realized that she'd forget anything that made her feel happy, but this time it was different.

taehyung closed his eyes too, unexpectedly. he looked so angelic standing while closing his eyes, and irene just closed her eyes completely. even if they just stood there strangely while closing their eyes, taehyung gripped on irene hand harder.

they didn't know what was happening, but they knew it was going to be great.

~~~

irene opened her eyes and saw someone she doesn't know by the bedside.

he had his chin on his palm as he slept, and irene stared at him to make sure he's real. her curiosity led her to touching his brown hair, and he flinched.

he woke up and irene widened her eyes.

"who are you?", irene asked, looking around.

"yeah, you were right. you actually forget things overnight.", he said, fixing his hair.

"my name is taehyung, by the way.", he continued.

"taehyung? you're still alive?", irene asked.

he looked at her weirdly, not knowing what she was talking about. "oh no, i'm just in your dreams.".

"of course i'm alive, if i wasn't you'd be talking to a ghost right now!", he continued.

"b-but didn't i promise that i'd remember you for my entire lifetime, even if you died?", irene asked.

"what do you mean? we haven't talked ever since we met in that park, only now. you didn't promise anything to me, what's wrong with you?", taehyung replied.

"i m-meant that-"

"let's eat breakfast, you're probably just very hungry after sleeping for 5 days.", taehyung stood up, cutting irene's sentence.

"5 DAYS-"

"come on. there's pasta and pizza downstairs.", he said, closing the door and irene stood up and went downstairs.

they both ate quietly, taking quick glances at each other making sure they won't be caught - or might get caught anyways. irene looked at taehyung carefully, making sure if he was the one she was supposed to make a promise with.

"what is it?", taehyung asked.

"i just-"

"yeah, whatever promise you said to keep, i don't have anything to do with it.", taehyung said, putting his plate to the sink and washing it.

"how are you going to help me from this 'curse' i'm in?", irene asked.

"you'll see."

keep in mind that:
seulgi = past, transported to the future
seulgi = future, transported to the past
irene = future, transported to the past
irene = past, transported to the future
jimin = future, transported to the past
jimin = past, transported to the future
*taehyung doesn't have anything that symbolizes that it is him from the past to the future and vice versa because his past self stays in the past, and his future self stays in the future.