scene ten

jimin walked through the hallways with people whispering about him and glancing at him like he killed someone. being his careless self, he ignored those stares and went to class.

but that day was felt very odd to jimin.

there was a particular girl that the boy was looking for the past three days. the boy always expected the orange-haired girl to piss him off until it was time for first period.

but being the careless boy he was, he always tried to push this away. he always tried to push it away like his math homework, hoping it'll be finished on its own.

for the past three days, seulgi hasn't been going to school, and the last time her family saw her was on october 8 when seulgi stayed in the bathroom for a quick soak on the bathtub. after that, she vanished.

no one knew where she went, and this was where jimin started feeling guilty about himself.

~~~

irene knew it was fake.

irene knew every smile seulgi made yesterday was all fake, and her being in the past did not know what happened to the seulgi of the future - and she knew she was way worse than the plastic she was now.

taehyung and her were currently in the park as they swung softly on the swings, looking at the stars slowly painting the purple sky. the color reminded irene of taehyung; so intimidating yet so mesmerizing to look at.

"you don't forget anything anymore, right?", taehyung asked.

irene looked at him, her mind blank as she didn't know what to answer. she knew that the other body that really belonged to the past remembered everything when midnight strikes, and she had to lie.

"yes. why?", she lied.

"you get to live forever, right?", taehyung asked, again.

realization hit irene. she was going to live forever? meaning she had to see how the world will turn into such a cruel version because of these newly evolved human beings?

"yes, why do you ask?", she asked.

"because i want you to remember me. i want you to remember me the same way you remember how the town celebrated your 111th birthday with flying lanterns and joyful orchestras.

remember me as if you know that you'll forget what has happened today when tomorrow comes, alright?"

irene stayed silent. she watched how taehyung was so mesmerized with how the sky was slowly fading into the night.

taehyung was looking at the amazing sight, but irene was looking at the real definition of beauty.

taehyung looks at irene, and they both meet eyes.

"cheer up, buttercup. you know i love you."

but that night wasn't as ordinary as the others. little did they know, there were jealous eyes looking at both of them, and irene felt this, too. the cold wind blew, and in just a glimpse of an eye, everything felt weird.

everything felt unreal.

"may i close my eyes for a while?", irene asked, her eyes hooded like she was about to go to sleep.

irene drifted off, and just like that, everything just stayed as a memory.

a memory to taehyung.