and the sadness

taehyung opened his eyes and looked beside him, not seeing the girl he went to the middle of this forest with.

he looked around hoping to see her, but she was nowhere to be found. he put his hands through his brown hair and ran out of the forest and back to the bridge he saw her in the middle of the night once.

he put his hands behind him as he held the fence that blocked people from falling, and he looked at the glimmering water below him with no knowledge of it's depth. he closed his eyes as he held tighter on the fence behind him, but before he was about to get off and back to the surface, two hands pushed him, and he fell to the warm water.

it was a very sorrowful summer, nobody knew the mayor's son just suffocated under those harmless waters under kingston bridge, and nobody seemed to care until adam, one of the closest friends of taehyung, noticed that he wasn't around for a few days.

he found his body floating on the waters below the bridge he was pushed off to, and he went back to town to find people to help him. they carried taehyung out of the river knowing he wasn't breathing anymore, and told the mayor.

a week later, his funeral took place. almost everyone attended his funeral except for one: seulgi.

ever since the day adam found him, she acted like she never cared and never went to socialize to anyone. everyone found her suspicious but they didn't mind.

"i don't think taehyung jumped off on his own. he hasn't been acting depressed lately, i don't know what has gotten into him.", florence whispered to jimin.

jimin stood there frozen and he continued looking at taehyung, who lied peacefully.

~~~

it was a sunny day that was off to an end, and taehyung and irene were at the patio drinking coffee.

they were staring at the city below them, like as if they were the stars from above staring at those human beings who didn't know what they were doing, but were surely enjoying it.

"what was that promise you wanted to keep again?", taehyung asked.

"i don't remember precisely, but i do remember that i kept a promise on remembering someone as i continue to live.", irene replied.

"that's ridiculous. who is that dumb to expect someone who forgets everything overnight to remember him when each day passes by?

"he does remind me of who i was before though, someone who was too generous and innocent about how love was supposed to be like.

"but really, whoever that was, they were wrong of acting like that. they have to have enough love for themselves first before they love somebody else.", taehyung said.

an idea popped into taehyung's mind. he grabbed irene's hand and got out of his house and went to the middle of a street, where it was surrounded with houses and trees and streetlights flickering as they were on.

"you may find it weird, but sometimes i just find myself standing in the middle of a peaceful place when i suddenly remember who i was in the past, whether if i had one or not.", taehyung said.

"close your eyes.", taehyung demanded.

irene looked at him confused, then started laughing. "do you think i'd really do what you want me to do?", she laughed.

"just do it.", he said irritated, and irene closed her eyes.

irene thought something was wrong with her eyes. as soon as she did what taehyung told her to, she saw blurred figures and pleasing colors. she heard the sound of waterfalls and leaves hustling, and she opened her eyes as everything blacked out.

taehyung flinched too and they both looked each other.

"i know who you really are now."