scene five

%%%

irene was enjoying each day she went through with the fact that she won't forget anything good anymore.

both her and taehyung were also keeping touch, so every time when taehyung were to have lunch, he'd invite her.

the mayor knew so many things about her because of taehyung, and he found her as a bubbly woman.

but his mother found her the other way around.

in the town, everyone believed that how their family acts like defines who a person is, and his mother agreed so much here. irene's mother was well-known as one of the worst enemies of taehyung's mother ever since they were in elementary, and no one knew why except both of them.

taehyung's mother looked at irene across the table, watching her eat peacefully.

"irene, how old are you?", his mother asked, breaking the silence.

everyone looked at her, and she pulled out the most innocent face she could ever do, even if she knew she came from a family where the oldest sister gets to live for eternity.

irene stops eating and thinks for a while. she tried to collect random words inside her mind and blurt them out loud, until she realized that everyone was staring at her and she was running out of time.

"i am a year older than taehyung, ma'am.", juhyun managed to reply.

his mother smirked secretly and continued eating, knowing one of the tons of advantages she had against irene.

people around town didn't think she was 111, because looks are deceiving. she looked younger than what she really is right now, which was a nice thing for irene. but this caused boys younger or older than her line up in front of her house with flowers and presents because they knew that irene was awake and she wouldn't forget their names anymore.

taehyung watched the length of the line get longer, and his blood was boiling for so many reasons that he wanted to know why he thought of those.

finally, he cut into the line and went after the guy that was supposed to go after the previous one, knocked on irene's door, being greeted by an annoyed, bedhead version of irene.

"what?", irene asked.

all of the boys on line looked at her, and she looked at them like they were nothing. but taehyung caught her eye, and she tied her hair up and invited him in. she closed the gate in front of 34 boys waiting for her for the past 30 minutes just to sing a song or give a present or recite a poem, and they all groaned sadly and walked back to their houses.

"let's get out of here.", he said all of a sudden.

irene furrowed her eyebrows. "all this coming from the son of the mayor? unbelievable."

but before she knew it, her wrist was already held by the younger as they ran to god knows where.

~~~

seulgi walked around the city with the sun making shadows with the holes on her hat, greeting people with smiles every time she gets greeted by a 'hi'.

then a guy ran beside her and walked with her, and seulgi looked at him.

"yes?", she asked.

he looked back.

"nothing, i just wanted to walk with you.", he smiled.

seulgi smiled at how sweet he acted, and it was her first time to meet someone who seemed to be so trustworthy, and actually is trustworthy.

or was he trustworthy?

seulgi noticed irene with a boy she didn't know of, and jimin's smile faded.

upon noticing taehyung, jimin walked along with seulgi as she ran to irene, giving her a tight embrace.

irene looked at her startled as the younger gave her a hug.

"how have you been doing? it's been long since we met.", seulgi smiled, letting her go.

unlike irene, her smile was sincere. irene secretly disliked her for those rumors about her liking taehyung, and even in the beginning until now and she still doesn't like taehyung as something else, she still hated the fact that it could've been true.

jimin looked at taehyung and taehyung glared back at him, trying to stop themselves from throwing punches to each other when everyone was watching.

just like said, looks can be deceiving. and so can words.